• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. Baylor now 'officially' known as "The Bluebonnet Battle"

SwissArmyFrog

The "Do You Like White Women Game?" or "Winner Gets The White Women Game" are better than the "Bluebonnet Battle".

It would memorialize the immortal words of a coach who was associated with both teams.

Someone on "X" jokingly said Baylor wanted to call it "61-58". Gave me a chuckle.

JugbandFrog

It should be called “The Revivalry” and the trophy should the State of Texas with the stretch of I-35 that connects Waco and Dallas popped out and a golden Bible in the heart of that stretch of road

Or, the game could simply be called, THE BRISKET, and the trophy, a partially sliced slab of brisket carved from wood one would use to smoke a brisket; maybe poke a big cast iron fork in it too. The victor gets The Brisket, and is treated to a meal of brisket either in the locker room or an established barbecue in Fort Worth, Waco or somewhere in-between. It is not The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, but it is Texas barbecue.

Texas barbecue is about beef brisket, so there it is - the game name, trophy and a postgame celebratory barbecue. A Texas rivalry should have already established THE BRISKET and maybe now will! I think this would be great for the close proximity I-35 TCU/Baylor rivals or could have been TCU/Texas rivalry, but now, maybe TCU/Houston?

IMG_2820.jpeg

Last edited:

OICU812

View attachment 15181
The Bluebonnet Battle trophy is a circular battle shield, hand-forged in steel by Baylor alumnus Bryant Stanton of Stanton Studios in Waco, Texas. Additional facts:

The face of the shield features:
  • The logos of both universities;
  • An outline of the State of Texas adorned with Bluebonnets on either side and boldly displaying the rivalry’s official name; and
  • The year 1899, when Baylor and TCU first met on the gridiron.
The trophy is two-and-a-half feet wide and rests in a mesquite wooden base, embellished with the lone star of Texas.
Winner of the game gets a “Battle Shield.” Loser of the game gets 2 of ‘em.

frogetaboutit

The dot locating TCU in the outline of Texas is too far north, a bit too close to the Oklahoma border. I nitpick, but I expect an artist to get dimension correct and nail the geography when deciding to use a map to represent the rivalry.
View attachment 15194
I’m not artistic but that looks like something my kid did in cub scouts and then got yelled at by my wife for doing a half-assed job.

AroundWorldFrog

Or, the game could simply be called, THE BRISKET, and the trophy, a partially sliced slab of brisket carved from wood one would use to smoke a brisket; maybe poke a big cast iron fork in it too. The victor gets The Brisket, and is treated to a meal of brisket either in the locker room or a selected barbecue establishment in Fort Worth, Waco or somewhere in-between. It is not The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, but it is Texas barbecue.

Texas barbecue is about beef brisket, so there it is - in game name, trophy and a postgame celebratory meal. A Texas rivalry should have already established THE BRISKET and maybe now will!

View attachment 15198
Lincoln Riley already prepared the wood brisket for the trophy.
EyKoAzQWEAkGP1O.jpg