• The KillerFrogs

TCU v Nebraska Game Thread

Dogfrog

Noi is a very talented guy who is also a bit of a project. His circus put back at the end of the first half notwithstanding, he needs to develop an inside game. He takes a very aggressive approach to driving but doesn’t often finish successfully. Not strong enough. Needs to pull up and shoot or develop some moves around the basket. Also needs to be much more aggressive on defense. I think he will develop all these things.

Eight

Noi is a very talented guy who is also a bit of a project. His circus put back at the end of the first half notwithstanding, he needs to develop an inside game. He takes a very aggressive approach to driving but doesn’t often finish successfully. Not strong enough. Needs to pull up and shoot or develop some moves around the basket. Also needs to be much more aggressive on defense. I think he will develop all these things.

noi at times very much looks like the a player who did not grow up playing the game.

kouat moved to australia when i believe he 3-4 and i have no clue what sports he played growing up, came to the states 4-5 years ago, and he just does things at times that just appear like a player who has already made up their mind what they are going to do instead of reacting to the game.

right now it seems to rush through his shot on 3-pointers, he will throw a pass almost as if he is rushing to get the ball out of his hands, and i agree dogfrog he needs to physically get stronger for when he finishes drives.

unfortunately, his inside game looks like we see from so many kids today where it is all drives and 3-pointers and agree again if he could develop a bit of a back to the basket game even from the mid-range i think he could open things up for himself and the frogs offense.

CountryFrog

I think Noi has already come a long way in rounding out his game. He really didn't do much of anything except shoot 3s as a freshman. Now he's at least going inside with occasional success.

He's also made strides as a defender. He's still not great, but last year I thought he was awful on that end. He seems more aggressive as a rebounder this year too.

Hopefully he continues making progress because his potential is huge.

noi at times very much looks like the a player who did not grow up playing the game.

kouat moved to australia when i believe he 3-4 and i have no clue what sports he played growing up, came to the states 4-5 years ago, and he just does things at times that just appear like a player who has already made up their mind what they are going to do instead of reacting to the game.

right now it seems to rush through his shot on 3-pointers, he will throw a pass almost as if he is rushing to get the ball out of his hands, and i agree dogfrog he needs to physically get stronger for when he finishes drives.

unfortunately, his inside game looks like we see from so many kids today where it is all drives and 3-pointers and agree again if he could develop a bit of a back to the basket game even from the mid-range i think he could open things up for himself and the frogs offense.
Noi played pretty high-level schoolboy basketball in Australia. From his wiki:

“Growing up in Newcastle, he blossomed into a basketball star, and went on to average 9.1 points and 4.3 rebounds while helping lead Australia to a silver medal at the 2014 FIBA Under-17 World Championship in Dubai.”

Eight

Noi played pretty high-level schoolboy basketball in Australia. From his wiki:

“Growing up in Newcastle, he blossomed into a basketball star, and went on to average 9.1 points and 4.3 rebounds while helping lead Australia to a silver medal at the 2014 FIBA Under-17 World Championship in Dubai.”

interesting and thanks, he has struggled a great deal the end of the season.

not sure if it is him being a focus of defenses or just part of the growth process.

flyfishingfrog

So have some class and don’t call out young men who put in a bunch of work to play for our school.

Sorry snowflake - I will work on that

Betting both of those guys would agree with my perspective when they were a combined 1-13 with 4 TO and -10 when in the game or whatever it was exactly with 5 mins left in the first

I was always pretty aware when I was hurting more than helping on the field

But since you don’t like my approach feel free to block me and I will let you know when I start giving a crap about your perspective

interesting and thanks, he has struggled a great deal the end of the season.

not sure if it is him being a focus of defenses or just part of the growth process.

I agree that Noi has struggled from time to time in the last six-eight weeks. I understand hot and cold shooting. My concern is that he tends to lose track of his defensive responsibilities. I really like the luxury of having him be the first guy off the bench. Having said that, his upside is still uncharted in my opinion

I agree that Noi has struggled from time to time in the last six-eight weeks. I understand hot and cold shooting. My concern is that he tends to lose track of his defensive responsibilities. I really like the luxury of having him be the first guy off the bench. Having said that, his upside is still uncharted in my opinion
Should read: I really LIKED the luxury of having him be the first guy off the bench

Eight

it will be interesting to see next year with a more complete roster if noi stays in the starting line-up or does he go to the bench and is first guy in and then time plays out over the course of the game

no doubt right now they don't really have much scoring coming in off the bench, but when your bench consists of 2 guards and then the walk-on's, you make do with what you have i guess

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Sorry snowflake - I will work on that

Betting both of those guys would agree with my perspective when they were a combined 1-13 with 4 TO and -10 when in the game or whatever it was exactly with 5 mins left in the first

I was always pretty aware when I was hurting more than helping on the field

But since you don’t like my approach feel free to block me and I will let you know when I start giving a crap about your perspective
Ahh yes, "snowflake", insult of choice for those holding a poor position in an argument.

I agree he didn't play great but if you're going to call someone "worthless" at least do so accurately. Amongst the inconsistent play came 12 points and 5 rebounds. Count me among those glad for those 12 points, because I sure didn't want to sweat out a game that close. You can't deny his end-of-first-half run was needed at the time.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Noi's biggest concern to me seems like a style vs substance argument. I would assign him to watch 24 straight hours of rec center basketball where middle aged people dominate young folks with effective, if ugly, fundamental basketball.