• The KillerFrogs

TCU v Nebraska Game Thread

BABYFACE

giphy-downsized-large.gif

JogginFrog

Frogs vs. Huskers brings to mind Moe Iba, who went 106-71 in six seasons as head coach at Nebraska (1980-86) before his 96-108 stint at TCU (1987-94). He had one NCAA tournament team in his career--two years before TCU hired him to succeed Jim Killingsworth--a tough act to follow.

No one ever accused Moe of being an exciting guy or playing an exciting brand of basketball, but he posted four winning seasons and winning conference records in a row at TCU before the bottom fell out.

Little-known fact: As an assistant for Don Haskins, Iba recruited most of the players on the legendary 1966 Texas Western national championship team. Haskins also called Iba "the best scout I've ever seen."

Deep Purple

Posted just now
That it wasn't a double ejection after the review shows exactly how this game has been ruined by officials.

If anyone wants to see a board that blames everything on refs...
Very, very whiney board. But for cluelessness, this is the post that really slew me.

Posted 1 hour ago We're basically playing with 2 walk-ons and a couple more guys who are more or less walk-on level guys. And we're going up against a team with a roster full of D1 scholarship guys. Really, what could we expect?

"A roster full of D1 scholarship guys"? Really? REALLY???

orig

I suppose it's a credit to the effort of our guys displayed tonight that we created that impression with unwitting Nebraska fans.

Last edited:

JogginFrog

Little-known fact: As an assistant for Don Haskins, Iba recruited most of the players on the legendary 1966 Texas Western national championship team. Haskins also called Iba "the best scout I've ever seen."

OK, maybe it's not such a little-known fact. I forgot that Iba featured prominently in Glory Road, but I heard he was not thrilled with how he was portrayed.

WhatTheFrog

Did anyone say if AR was sick tonight? He looked terrible up close, very ghostly with dark circles around his eyes. He did great tonight for how he looked.

Eight

game had a very odd vibe to it as i am not sure if i ever felt the frogs were going to be challenged, but wasn't a very pretty game to watch other than bane.

easily one of the cleanest games the frogs have played in a very long time with only 9 turnovers, 20 assists, shot over 50% from the field and 80% from the free throw line.

just some odd stuff about the game such as alex only shot 6 times for most of the game until the 2 lay-ups late, bane played well, but also incredibly efficient, and i am still not sure who samuel has pissed off to keep him from getting more touches underneath.

in the end, frogs won which is nice, more practice/game time for the young players and hopefully noi will snap out of this funk. his jump shot looks more rushed than my golf swing and he isn't just struggling from 3 and with some really bad turnovers. he is at 40% inside the arc and he has become the basketball equivalent of the tcu bullpen. flashes of potential mixed with lack of situational awareness and then just some plain old fashion wth was that?