• The KillerFrogs

TCU to the Big East

ESPN Mailbag -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David in Omaha writes: What do you think about Hawaii football to the Mountain West, and if this definitely means TCU is leaving.

Adelson writes: It’s good for the Mountain West either way, but I don’t think this means TCU is definitely leaving. If TCU does leave for the Big East, then the Mountain West is in good position with the addition of Hawaii. If TCU stays, then the league is strengthened and could potentially add one more to get to 12 teams. TCU still has to decide if it wants to be football only in the Big East.

gdu

(just) what will people do if the big12(lite) comes a calling on the Ole Frogs?
I would love it, but I think I am in the minority. Too many here got their feelings hurt and haven't gotten over. B12 would be great though. Very visible tv package, aq status, but most importantly: most here can get to most of the games easily. That means the teams are close and having teams close by is fun. Easier to develope rivalries. I don't know anyone that went to Utah to talk crap with. Same for everyone in the BE.

I would love it, but I think I am in the minority. Too many here got their feelings hurt and haven't gotten over. B12 would be great though. Very visible tv package, aq status, but most importantly: most here can get to most of the games easily. That means the teams are close and having teams close by is fun. Easier to develope rivalries. I don't know anyone that went to Utah to talk crap with. Same for everyone in the BE.

Big 12-2 makes too much sense. Unfortunately, that's why I'm afraid we'll never see it.

Horny 4 Life

I have the exact opposite feeling. Mainly because I'm not from Texas and I am, in fact, from Big East/Big Ten country. I want no part of being at the whim and mercy of UT. Indentured servitude is not something I'm a fan of.

TEUFELI

I'd rather poop my pants at every important moment for the rest of my life than ever be in a conference with Texas. Not interested in tasting Dodd''s old 's...

gdu

Again, the rule. The rule others have mentioned wouldn't let you park your non-football sports in a conference that plays football if your football team is in another conference. If true, hawaii getting a football only invite wouldn't mean ( I'm an uneducated idiot that uses profanity) with regards to our invite.

PHX Frog

(just) what will people do if the big12(lite) comes a calling on the Ole Frogs?

It would be great for many of the reasons that gdu mentioned. Easier to form rivalries, easier for our fans to travel to games, etc. I just don't think it will ever happen because I don't think Texas wants to add another Texas school to the conference to compete with them for recruits.