• The KillerFrogs

TCU makes national news

HToady

Uh ... yeah ... so when you read down in the article, there are some items that give indication of why he bit a person and squeezed a person's arm. Because the were grabbing his head and a dude put a finger in his mount. Not execusing the other part, the dude should have rightly had his finger bit off at that point. In the end, its a bunch of brits and an person too drunk to fly. So scheiss em.

From the article w/the video:
One passenger, Stephen Mumford, attempted to restrain Libby by holding the Texan’s head.

One of his fingers slid into Libby’s mouth and the journalism student bit him.

Libby, a student at Texas Christian University, then squeezed the arm of Samantha Jackson, a BA air hostess, as she attempted to restrain him with Mr Mumford.

Hmm....I've flown all my life, including on BA...no one has ever grabbed my head or put their fingers in my mouth.

LisaLT

I want you to go on the record and say that the girlfriend's dumping by text behavior was crap and that young women need to act like adults and break up with people in person because it is the decent thing to do. After that, I will entertain your talk of what young men should do?
Now I’m sure you’re trolling me.

BleedNPurple

"The boozed-up journalism student then caused carnage in front of horrified passengers after launching into a foul-mouthed tirade."

i first thought someone on the flight asked dan jenkins what he thought of tiger woods and then i saw the picture.

libby must have taken some of mac's classes

With what they teach in Poli Sci these days at Liberal Arts colleges I think we are seeing the brain rot results showing up in DC. My WW II father in law warned me about this.

Now that was my first reaction. My next thought is perhaps this person is disturbed and has some real medical or mental issues that need serious attention. Sending prayers - that’s just not normal nor acceptable behavior and lord knows his parents may have dealt with a lot more than we will ever know to keep him on the rails. Pray he overcomes his demons - alcohol has made many a fine person become a werewolf and pray he gets control of his issues!

BleedNPurple

With what they teach in Poli Sci these days at Liberal Arts colleges I think we are seeing the brain rot results showing up in DC. My WW II father in law warned me about this.

Now that was my first reaction. My next thought is perhaps this person is disturbed and has some real medical or mental issues that need serious attention. Sending prayers - that’s just not normal nor acceptable behavior and lord knows his parents may have dealt with a lot more than we will ever know to keep him on the rails. Pray he overcomes his demons - alcohol has made many a fine person become a werewolf and pray he gets control of his issues!

Since we have no edit button I will simply say to this young man - there’s always something better right around the corner!

LisaLT

Nobody thinks the guy acted appropriately. The difference in doing things in person is far less people would be inconvenienced. It also gives the decency of closure to the other person. How would you want to be treated?

I was moved by your other post about not making excuses but then you are making possible excuses for her bad behavior here. An adult breaks up with people in person. That is the standard we should be teaching young men and women. The fact that she might have been afraid of doing it for whatever reasons, doesn't preclude her from acting like an adult. Frankly, young people need to do these things as part of their personal growth and development. This is something people need to learn to do when they are young so they can be able to better tackle more serious problems as they get older. We are not helping our society by shielding young women from these things. If we are going to pretend that men and women are equals; then, we need to hold women morally responsible for their bad acts just as we do men.

Several people have used this judging by his behavior line but this is really a diversion argument. We have no idea about his prior behavior. We only know he had a freak out after a breakup. Frankly, a lot of young people don't handle breakups well but that doesn't mean they are bad kids or even had bad behavior previously. This he was asking for it stuff sounds a whole lot like attacking a woman who was raped because of the length of her dress which we all here would not support. But when it comes to a man...

Bottom line is as a society we should demand a basic decency out of people and this young lady failed that basic decency when she didn't break up in person. We are responsible for our actions and our actions do impact other people. I wonder how many times something more serious happened as a result of people not extending basic decencies to each other? Or also how many times something more serious was avoided because people took the time to do what is right and not what was simply convenient and easy?
I guess you haven’t seen or read the news in a LONG time. If this girl was concerned AT ALL for her safety, then why in God’s name would she risk bodily harm to break up with this loser in person???

One thing is for sure, he will likely be on the no fly list in the future and I doubt the ladies will be lining up to date this guy.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
The only reason ThisIsOurTime keeps making these knucklehead posts is to bait folks into replying and trying to reason with him. I picture him sitting at his computer in his underwear giggling gleefully as he composes his next batch of baloney. Ignore him.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
As a society, we should be condemning bad behavior in women just as we do with men. When we show an unwillingness to
The only reason ThisIsOurTime keeps making these knucklehead posts is to bait folks into replying and trying to reason with him. I picture him sitting at his computer in his underwear giggling gleefully as he composes his next batch of baloney. Ignore him.

Or maybe he just doesn’t like women. He seems to have given his opinions waaaay too much thought.

netty2424

They didn't have to turn the airplane around??? Are you kidding me. So you want to be in a small pressurized tube at 30,000+ feet with a drunk and unruly passenger for 8 hours? This was not a "needless political power play". It was about the safety of the crew and the 200+ passengers in the plane.

I am airline Captain and I would have done the exact same thing. You don't get a second chance on an airplane, especially in this day and age.
I didn’t read the article, just reading this thread. Does he end up on a no fly list? Take a ship home? Or time served, he’s free to fly?

sketchy

Her behavior was a part of the story. Why shouldn't it be considered and discussed? Odds are if the woman doesn't break up by text, this whole event doesn't take place.
If we can all agree that the men's behavior was bad and he should have been punished, why is it is so hard for people to say that she shouldn't be breaking up with people over text? Most of the people already agree it was a crappy thing to do. A few are trying to claim it is a minor thing like forgetting to put a napkin under a drink at a [ the old ricardo ]tail party but that is just excuse making.

As a society, we should be condemning bad behavior in women just as we do with men. When we show an unwillingness to do so, it translates into a certain percentage of men doing stupid stuff like this guy. We are interconnected and to pretend otherwise is naive.

Man, I’d like to assume you’re just joking, and trying to simply annoy people.
Who on gods green earth gives a rats ass if a breakup occurs via text, smoke signals, sky writing, letter, email, person-to-person......
Jesus, all that wussy had to do was say to himself, “well, see ya later,” then let it be.
I’m glad his name has been made public, and it bites him in the ass when he starts his career hunt.

And TIOT, if you are sincere in what you’re saying, you need to grow up, and/or seek treatment.
In fact, it’s quite obvious you have a bona fide problem with females, in general, so your need for treatment is unquestionable.

NavyFrog

To be fair when I first read this story, I thought they were half way into the flight and not a couple of hours out. So I can understand why they chose to turn back. But if it were up to me, I would prefer crews have the ability to neutralize the threat and continue on with the flight if that is possible. I am more of the opinion that the show must go on. In this scenario, you still have everyone overly inconvenienced.
Airline crews are trained to deescalate situations like this but that obviously didn’t work. If you read the article he was convicted of assualting a lady for no reason. He also spat on and bit the crew that was trying to subdue him. No, this passenger crossed the line. Unfortunately for the rest of the passengers when a passenger gets violent “show can go on”. It is truly unfortunate that the inexcusable action of one drunk has to screw so many other passengers. Personal I think he got off easy with 6 months jail time.

FrogCop19

Uh ... yeah ... so when you read down in the article, there are some items that give indication of why he bit a person and squeezed a person's arm. Because the were grabbing his head and a dude put a finger in his mount. Not execusing the other part, the dude should have rightly had his finger bit off at that point. In the end, its a bunch of brits and an person too drunk to fly. So scheiss em.

From the article w/the video:
One passenger, Stephen Mumford, attempted to restrain Libby by holding the Texan’s head.

One of his fingers slid into Libby’s mouth and the journalism student bit him.

Libby, a student at Texas Christian University, then squeezed the arm of Samantha Jackson, a BA air hostess, as she attempted to restrain him with Mr Mumford.
I am in no way condoning what this jackwagon did, but if anyone EVER put their finger in MY mount... well, I guess I don't know if I'd fight them or tip them an extra twenty with a wink and a smile...

Froglaw

You are on a 8 hour flight. Rules are strict for a reason while one is on an aircraft. The situation is not like being somewhere on the ground.

If we were being tough as a society, we wouldn’t put up with this type of behavior in public and we wouldn’t be making excuses for people that behave poorly in public. The reality is we have become too soft as a society and allow people behave badly with very little accountability. Take away accountability and expectations, people will do whatever they want with no fear consequence.

Like Washington?

Froglaw

Knowing it is your job to make women stronger, you would not advise young women to dump boyfriends by text? And if they did this, you would think less of them and view it as a sign of weakness and not taking responsibility. Women are responsible for their actions too.

It was a cowardly thing for the GF to do.

The BF obviously thought the relationship was on a different level.