• The KillerFrogs

TCU Football Releases 2019 Football Depth Chart

Putt4Purple

This website blows. If you question a player rotation or suggest one guy should get more carries, you get called arrogant, have bad demeanor, and my personal favorite, "a beating." See y'all in september when our QB is 4 hopping balls at the feet of receivers and everyone of you is perfectly ok with it because "we gave it our best!" and "we won a rose bowl once!" Get a grip folks

Your trolling is obvious. Just tell G.P. how you feel! He listens to pompous windbags like you correcting him and his staff. Cut to the chase and forget this website. Your problems solved. Excuse me while I retrieve my Pizza! LOL. Hehehe!

LawFrog504

Your trolling is obvious. Just tell G.P. how you feel! He listens to pompous windbags like you correcting him and his staff. Cut to the chase and forget this website. Your problems solved. Excuse me while I retrieve my Pizza! LOL. Hehehe!
Good sentence structure. Strong command of the English language

CountryFrog

Agree with the practice/staying healthy piece, Anderson has spent a lot of time on the DNP list. Disagree with the off the field stuff. Unless you are breaking team rules, it shouldn't have any impact on your playing time.
Yea, I'm really referring to off the game field. I agree that Anderson hasn't done anything bad (at least not that we know of). I'm really referring more to his practice and work habits. Hicks, by all accounts, did EVERYTHING you want from your players. It seems like Anderson, whether because of injuries or other things, has not been a great practice player. Those are things that none of us see and ultimately none of us really care about, but coaches are going to be hesitant to play guys who are constantly watching practice instead of participating.

CountryFrog

You can’t call somebody else a “complete moron” and then follow up with this as an answer. It’s 100% insane to think that Kyle “rightly” earned more playing time than Darius from off the field activities.

Darius averages 8 YPC while Kyle had 5 in 2016
Darius averages 6 YPC while Kyle had 4.6 in 2017
#1 I didn't say off the field stuff was THE reason but if you don't think practice And workout habits are factored into playing time then you're completely wrong.

And if that YPC stat is the only thing you can come up with then that's not much. Hicks' YPC was good and when you add in the fact that Hicks was better at just about every other aspect of playing the position besides just pure explosiveness then that's why he got more PT.

Maybe my fault was in being too vague so I'll be very specific. If Anderson was on the practice field every single day giving full effort, showing up for every meeting and every workout giving 100% and being a great leader, if he was a really good blocker, terrific receiver out of the backfield, always lined up in the right spot and carried out his assignment in every play the way Hicks did AND he was a more explosive runner then he absolutely would've gotten more carries.

Unfortunately, Anderson hasn't always embodied all of those characteristics the way Hicks did. Many times due to injury and no fault of his own, but that's just the way it's been. I understand a fans frustration not seeing him get more carries, but if you're just going to compare him to Kyle Hicks then it's actually pretty easy to explain the discrepancy there.

This website blows. If you question a player rotation or suggest one guy should get more carries, you get called arrogant, have bad demeanor, and my personal favorite, "a beating." See y'all in september when our QB is 4 hopping balls at the feet of receivers and everyone of you is perfectly ok with it because "we gave it our best!" and "we won a rose bowl once!" Get a grip folks
It’s because you’re a dewsh more than anything else.

CryptoMiner

#1 I didn't say off the field stuff was THE reason but if you don't think practice And workout habits are factored into playing time then you're completely wrong.

And if that YPC stat is the only thing you can come up with then that's not much. Hicks' YPC was good and when you add in the fact that Hicks was better at just about every other aspect of playing the position besides just pure explosiveness then that's why he got more PT.

Maybe my fault was in being too vague so I'll be very specific. If Anderson was on the practice field every single day giving full effort, showing up for every meeting and every workout giving 100% and being a great leader, if he was a really good blocker, terrific receiver out of the backfield, always lined up in the right spot and carried out his assignment in every play the way Hicks did AND he was a more explosive runner then he absolutely would've gotten more carries.

Unfortunately, Anderson hasn't always embodied all of those characteristics the way Hicks did. Many times due to injury and no fault of his own, but that's just the way it's been. I understand a fans frustration not seeing him get more carries, but if you're just going to compare him to Kyle Hicks then it's actually pretty easy to explain the discrepancy there.

Your statements are vexatious and unwarranted.

asleep003

[QUOTE="LawFrog504, post: 2727045, member: 73681." See y'all in september when our QB is 4 hopping balls at the feet of receivers and everyone of you is perfectly ok with it because "we gave it our best!" and "we won a rose bowl once!" Get a grip folks[/QUOTE]

Get a Grip".?. We seem to have that grip... considering our Toads averaging Top 10
finishes every other year (6 of the past 11 years) and better Top 15 finishes(7 of last 11 years). So if we have to go to an average or minor Bowl every once in a while... think we're good with that. Don't want to mention those 2 Top 5 finishes over the past 9 seasons (#2 and #3), as not to appear Pompous. Oh, do we really have a 7-3 bowl record.?.

There are no schools in Texas able to come close to that success. Sure A&M/ USC
/ Tennessee/ Texas and many other iconic programs would have given their "left one" for the decade we've had. And except tor OU, sure every last one of the B12 members would love to have the last 10 years we've had. Hope you're alma mater is Getting a Grip.

Last edited:

netty2424

giphy.gif

Smooth...Will you please come clean on your affiliation with Baldwin?...I think everyone is glad he’s a Frog but you seem to have more skin in the game than most...Just curious

i believe i have. i live in the LT area and have been a fan since Baldwin was in elementary school. we have a kid that is around the same age so we have been able to follow Baldwin's journey.