• The KillerFrogs

TCU Football Releases 2019 Football Depth Chart

Putt4Purple

Or, just a thought here, we could slightly adjust our mindset to ensure the best players are on the field just like every other school in the nation. This kid didn't get arrested or hurt anyone, he justifiably wants the ball more. Absolutely deserved. You people are a beating

You say "WE" need to adjust our mindset on the best players being on the field.
I say you tell that not to us on Killerfrogs but tell it to the coaches. Coach G.P. has insight and knowledge on his players you wish you knew. I trust his judgment over you sir. Your demeanor and attitude towards others opinion on this board is called arrogance and is a beating. I trust coach G.P. you should too!

Peacefrog

Degenerate
You can’t call somebody else a “complete moron” and then follow up with this as an answer. It’s 100% insane to think that Kyle “rightly” earned more playing time than Darius from off the field activities.

Darius averages 8 YPC while Kyle had 5 in 2016
Darius averages 6 YPC while Kyle had 4.6 in 2017
What if DA doesn’t put in the time to learn blocking responsibilities? Would that be a good enough reason to move him down the depth chart? I think we would want a player that can run the ball but also do the other necessary parts of the job.

To be clear: this is a hypothetical. He could be a workhorse in the film room and the best blocking RB we have. Just offering up an idea as to why someone may be down the depth chart.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
What if DA doesn’t put in the time to learn blocking responsibilities? Would that be a good enough reason to move him down the depth chart? I think we would want a player that can run the ball but also do the other necessary parts of the job.

To be clear: this is a hypothetical. He could be a workhorse in the film room and the best blocking RB we have. Just offering up an idea as to why someone may be down the depth chart.
Right. It's probably about more than just what happens when he's handed the ball. In fact, it has to be. Hell, it could even be something completely beyond his control, like injury recovery and its progress.

LawFrog504

You say "WE" need to adjust our mindset on the best players being on the field.
I say you tell that not to us on Killerfrogs but tell it to the coaches. Coach G.P. has insight and knowledge on his players you wish you knew. I trust his judgment over you sir. Your demeanor and attitude towards others opinion on this board is called arrogance and is a beating. I trust coach G.P. you should too!
Shut up man. Just go back to the chuck e cheese you manage

LawFrog504

This website blows. If you question a player rotation or suggest one guy should get more carries, you get called arrogant, have bad demeanor, and my personal favorite, "a beating." See y'all in september when our QB is 4 hopping balls at the feet of receivers and everyone of you is perfectly ok with it because "we gave it our best!" and "we won a rose bowl once!" Get a grip folks

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
This website blows. If you question a player rotation or suggest one guy should get more carries, you get called arrogant, have bad demeanor, and my personal favorite, "a beating." See y'all in september when our QB is 4 hopping balls at the feet of receivers and everyone of you is perfectly ok with it because "we gave it our best!" and "we won a rose bowl once!" Get a grip folks
No, you're getting called that because of the way you disagree. Not because you disagree.

jake102

It's been a pretty decent discussion. Just because everybody doesn't explicitly agree with your notion that Anderson needs all the carries doesn't mean it's a bad discussion. A lot of decent points have been brought up. And my guess is that the vast majority of people want to see Anderson get the ball more.... stop being dramatic.

LawFrog504

It's been a pretty decent discussion. Just because everybody doesn't explicitly agree with your notion that Anderson needs all the carries doesn't mean it's a bad discussion. A lot of decent points have been brought up. And my guess is that the vast majority of people want to see Anderson get the ball more.... stop being dramatic.
I could care less if people agree. my gripes are with the names I am called because I "DARE question a TCU coach!" BY GOLLY! So scheissing stupid and just not how any other program in america operates

Purp

You can’t call somebody else a “complete moron” and then follow up with this as an answer. It’s 100% insane to think that Kyle “rightly” earned more playing time than Darius from off the field activities.

Darius averages 8 YPC while Kyle had 5 in 2016
Darius averages 6 YPC while Kyle had 4.6 in 2017
How many more YPC would Hicks have had if he were carrying the ball at the end of blowouts in garbage time? How many more blocks did DA miss than Hicks? How many wrong routes/drops did DA have relative to Hicks? How many more carries might DA have had in meaningful snaps had he blocked and caught better and fumbled less? What intangibles within the team are adversely affected if DA has an attitude issue that doesn't get widely publicized (only bring this up b/c I seem to remember CGP mentioning before that DA has been in the dog house)?

I don't know the answers to these questions; my point in asking them is to illustrate that evaluating the performance and efficacy of an RB is far more multi-faceted than you're suggesting. Without knowing the answers to most of these questions your analysis in the quoted text is meaningless.

ticketfrog123

How many more YPC would Hicks have had if he were carrying the ball at the end of blowouts in garbage time? How many more blocks did DA miss than Hicks? How many wrong routes/drops did DA have relative to Hicks? How many more carries might DA have had in meaningful snaps had he blocked and caught better and fumbled less? What intangibles within the team are adversely affected if DA has an attitude issue that doesn't get widely publicized (only bring this up b/c I seem to remember CGP mentioning before that DA has been in the dog house)?

I don't know the answers to these questions; my point in asking them is to illustrate that evaluating the performance and efficacy of an RB is far more multi-faceted than you're suggesting. Without knowing the answers to most of these questions your analysis in the quoted text is meaningless.

I understand your points and agree there’s more to it than numbers...but the offense just looked, played, and was better with Darius on the field.

My theory being all those other issues were not so overwhelmingly significant that they outweighed his stats. I came to associate Hicks with 3 and outs and Darius with scoring drives. Obviously, Hicks could have punched it in on some occasions, but I vividly remember optimism when DA was in.

You can adjust the stats for garbage time...the answer will be the same. Don’t think Hicks or Darius fumbled much more than the other

Froggish

I don’t think you can even consider the stats of any skill player against non P5 competition...Take them out of the equation and tell me who was better...

There just aren’t that many reps to go around. Teams throw more and more...Run QBs which take away RB carries...and they throw 10 screens a game which also devalues the position...

More then anything we need a big time threat opposite a Reagor and a guy who can consistently and efficiently get it into their hands...DA vs Sewo vs Demercado doesn’t matter in our offense. While DA might have more juice then the other two, Even as the starter he won’t see more 12-14 carries a game..As I anticipate we will avg around 24-26 carries a game ...If we find a decent QB ( even if we don’t) Cumbie won’t be able to resist throwing it 30-35 times a game..That’s not in his DNA..