• The KillerFrogs

TCU Football Releases 2019 Football Depth Chart

JockO de Frog

Howard was listed at 6’1 213 his senior year so I’d say Winters has a head start on transitioning from S to LB
interesting take aways from the Podcast....

- Dee Winters came in bigger then we thought 6-1 215 and is now working a LB..So now we have DeMauryon Holmes RSFr and now Winters both working with the LB group..Man we are small but can run..Sounds like a typical GP core of LBs. Always undersized
Previously I was a bit worried we were getting somewhat thin at safety. Now I'm more so.

Eight

Previously I was a bit worried we were getting somewhat thin at safety. Now I'm more so.

frogs have a number of players at safety who will be fighting for playing time this year.

start with gaines and scott who are the two upper classmen of the group.

moehrig showed last year a great deal of potential and i think starts for the frogs and van zandt did some good things as well last year.

vongor is back from injury, washington saw action in 4 games and then red-shirted, ceasar red-shirted and mike o is still recovering from injury.

frogs also bring in 3 freshmen in bradford, foster, and mccuin.

Eight

interesting take aways from the Podcast....

- Dee Winters came in bigger then we thought 6-1 215 and is now working a LB..So now we have DeMauryon Holmes RSFr and now Winters both working with the LB group..Man we are small but can run..Sounds like a typical GP core of LBs. Always undersized

i don't think dee winters finishes his career at tcu weighing 230 lbs.

he looked like the biggest kid on the field in more than one game at burton and i am not shocked he is over 200 lbs. mix in a focused weight program and access to all you can eat quality nutrition and his weighing 215 in the fall would be no surprised.

down the road i can see him carrying 225-230 easily if not a bit more.

the problem at linebacker right now simply is the misses in the 2016 and 2017 recruiting class have left the frogs with little depth. frogs signed 2 juco's who never panned out and would be gone now anyhow and wallow.

byproduct in my mind of not having a true position coach on the staff at that position who could go recruit, but you can't go backwards.

if montrelle wilson can play this year frogs have a bit more size, but outside of wallow no one is really sure what you are going to get at this position until the games begin to count.

as far as the future, ben wilson i think will eventually play at up over 230 as well as marcheselli. pair those two with simpson, harries, holmes, and winter hopetully they can find 3 solid linebackers

Froggish

i don't think dee winters finishes his career at tcu weighing 230 lbs.

he looked like the biggest kid on the field in more than one game at burton and i am not shocked he is over 200 lbs. mix in a focused weight program and access to all you can eat quality nutrition and his weighing 215 in the fall would be no surprised.

down the road i can see him carrying 225-230 easily if not a bit more.

the problem at linebacker right now simply is the misses in the 2016 and 2017 recruiting class have left the frogs with little depth. frogs signed 2 juco's who never panned out and would be gone now anyhow and wallow.

byproduct in my mind of not having a true position coach on the staff at that position who could go recruit, but you can't go backwards.

if montrelle wilson can play this year frogs have a bit more size, but outside of wallow no one is really sure what you are going to get at this position until the games begin to count.

as far as the future, ben wilson i think will eventually play at up over 230 as well as marcheselli. pair those two with simpson, harries, holmes, and winter hopetully they can find 3 solid linebackers

The good news is we only play 2 LBs at a time so we don’t have to have a huge number of options. I’d like to see us have a few taller rangier types. What really needs to happen is Moehrig, Van Zandt, and Washington need to play big time at Safety because we can’t afford to rob growth at LB anymore..I think Wallow would have been an all conference LB last year if we wouldn’t have had to move him back to safety due to all the injuries.

Eight

The good news is we only play 2 LBs at a time so we don’t have to have a huge number of options. I’d like to see us have a few taller rangier types. What really needs to happen is Moehrig, Van Zandt, and Washington need to play big time at Safety because we can’t afford to rob growth at LB anymore..I think Wallow would have been an all conference LB last year if we wouldn’t have had to move him back to safety due to all the injuries.

i think trevon showed last year he really can be a dominant force in the back of the secondary and hope he takes those steps this year being paired with gaines and scott.

very interested to see how vongor plays this year. he was highly, highly regarded coming in last year, is built like a tank, got hurt early, and i think a number of people have forgotten about him.

i really was frustrated at times last year that wilson didn't get a chance early to play at linebacker after wallow got moved back to safety. mistakes continued to get made at linebacker last fall and i just felt better for it to be a true freshman than a senior.

zach has that longer build and will be interesting to watch his progress.

jake102

Over past two years there has been a lot of very positive talk about the young safeties, injuries unfortunately set Vongor and Onyemaobi back.

But we've heard really good things about those two guys, Washington (he played decently also) and now Nook. I think with Moehrig having plenty of experience already we are in really good shape at safety for 2-3 years.

Froggish

Vongor is the wild card..He was a guy we heard that could have played in a back up role as a true freshman. That was before the rash of injuries.

GP never fails to mention Washington as a ball hawk and Van Zandt as a great athlete. I feel like we have some difference makers on campus

Froggish

i think trevon showed last year he really can be a dominant force in the back of the secondary and hope he takes those steps this year being paired with gaines and scott.

very interested to see how vongor plays this year. he was highly, highly regarded coming in last year, is built like a tank, got hurt early, and i think a number of people have forgotten about him.

i really was frustrated at times last year that wilson didn't get a chance early to play at linebacker after wallow got moved back to safety. mistakes continued to get made at linebacker last fall and i just felt better for it to be a true freshman than a senior.

zach has that longer build and will be interesting to watch his progress.

Zach looks pretty yoked for a true freshman in that pool pic. He definitely looks like a former wrestler. Incidentally his fellow LB at Broken Arrow is playing for Les at KS and was a 2 time state champion wrestler. They crank those kids out in BA

LawFrog504

Desperately need a second option to emerge opposite JR. Stephens or Hunt needs to be the guy for us to win 10+ games.

That being said, won't matter if Delton starts. That guy couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat

netty2424

Barring injury, Delton will likely get the first shot at starting and I think our offense will look a lot like it did down the stretch last year..Run first and often while employing a safe high% passing game..I think GP is thinking that if we can figure out how to win with Mule at QB, why not employee the same offense with a better athlete like Delton. While Delton at QB is going to be a very conservative and boring brand of football, it’ll probably lead to a few more wins.

Should JR, Collins, or Baldwin play we might decide to open up the passing game but nobody around TCU wants to watch another year of turnovers...
Reagor wouldn’t hold up an entire season if we ran that same offense against OSU. Assuming that’s the offense you’re referring to?

Froggish

Reagor wouldn’t hold up an entire season if we ran that same offense against OSU. Assuming that’s the offense you’re referring to?

Unfortunately that what we are looking at with Delton at QB. Don’t get me wrong, Delton’s legs will take some pressure off of Reagor as he’s much better then Mule. But we aren’t moving vertically at all in that offense. It’s 4Qrts of short wide RPO..

jake102

Unfortunately that what we are looking at with Delton at QB. Don’t get me wrong, Delton’s legs will take some pressure off of Reagor as he’s much better then Mule. But we aren’t moving vertically at all in that offense. It’s 4Qrts of short wide RPO..

There will be plenty of deep shots to Reagor mixed in. What you won't have are the intermediate-deep routes over the middle, or long outs to the sideline. But throwing a 45 yard fly route? Going to see plenty of those

Froggish

There will be plenty of deep shots to Reagor mixed in. What you won't have are the intermediate-deep routes over the middle, or long outs to the sideline. But throwing a 45 yard fly route? Going to see plenty of those
Agreed...Those deep sideline routs are pretty low risk and don’t require a lot of accuracy. Can’t wait to find a QB and a system that actually exploits the middle of the field..

Eight

i think a great deal depends upon whether the frogs have a quarterback they trust to make the inside throws.

they trust boykin, didn't kenny, and didn't robinson.