• The KillerFrogs

So much for Mizzou's loyalty!

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
ESPN just broke that A&M to SEC is a done deal. And that "Clemson, Florida State or Missouri" are candidates as well.

I can see FSU but Missouri? To me, Oklahoma would be a much better candidate for all sports. Why are they never mentioned in any of the discussions?

Now they've changed the wording to: "Clemson, Fla St AND Missouri likely to join SEC.". Meaning, SEC is going to 16 teams now. Wow!

Either the Big 12 merges with the Big East, or it will die.

I can see FSU but Missouri? To me, Oklahoma would be a much better candidate for all sports. Why are they never mentioned in any of the discussions?

Unless OU refused to go without OSU. PAC-12 will probably take both Oklahoma schools, where the SEC just wants OU. So perhaps OU thinks the PAC-12 is the better option.

TexasCard

Now they've changed the wording to: "Clemson, Fla St AND Missouri likely to join SEC.". Meaning, SEC is going to 16 teams now. Wow!

Either the Big 12 merges with the Big East, or it will die.

Or the ACC puts the kill shot on the Big East and takes 6 of the 9 to get to 16. There will be a lot of moving parts in the coming days. This could be bad for a lot of schools.

AEAfrog

Most likely because they won't go without Oklahoma State. It's a different situation from UT's 'Tech problem.' OU would have to keep playing UT and Bedlam OOC on top of their regular SEC schedule. That's a pretty unworkable position. OU stays in the Big 12 unless UT leaves or the Pac-__/SEC takes both OU and OSU.

AEAfrog

OU has its own Tech problem. Slive has said OSU wouldnt be welcome.

It's a little different than the Tech situation in that the two schools actually want to stay together. With Tech, you have state lawmakers pressuring UT to take them along. The OU and OSU administrations will keep the schools together without any prodding from the legislature.

halfwaytoheaven

I have heard that before. Is that the position of the OK lawmakers?

Man, all I care about anymore is that we somehow get through this thing whole. I could care less about Baylor or anyone else anymore.

You've forgotten the one incontrovertible rule of conference realignment: whatever happens, TCU gets screwed. Maybe we can get into the expanded Pac-16, or the ACC takes us as a replacement for Clemson/FSU, but we'll have to work that on our own. The Big East will probably not come out of this unscathed.

Cougar/Frog

Mizzo has been one foot out the door of the Big 12 for awhile. Becoming the newest Kentucky of the SEC is not its favorite idea --- it may be looking for leverage to get into the Big 10.

As to the SEC, Mizzo has 2 major media markets.

OU and Oke Lite both really want into the Pac-12. They were very, very disappointed when Texas blew up the deal. They have a strong desire for a high academic reputation. So, OU and Okie Lite are likely in talks with Larry Scott right now.

The SEC 16 will be a beast.

Planks

Well being a future-AQ team was fun while it lasted. At least the MWC should remain unscathed in this conference realignment. So if the Big East is destroyed we have somewhere to go.

Smooth42

Only saving grace is that the big east media does not want the big east to fail. Hang in ther. It will work out. We just need to get a big tv contract which will lure acc teams away to big east. Let's hope.

Latest posts