• The KillerFrogs

Record Crowd at Lupton

LVfrog

I love the sound of the bat hitting the ball. The crowd was great and the baseball fun.

Man, I haven't been this excited about a sport other than football since the Killer days.

What a great time to be a Frog.

cdsfrog

I was at the stadium, anyone complaining about actual attendance is crazy. It was PACKED. I was 12 rows up in the upperdeck right next to the kansas announcers directly behind homeplate (LOVE those seats)

Houston Frog

A sold ticket, used or not counts. Why wouldn't it? TCU has that money.

Because they call it "Total Attendance", not "Total Ticket Sales". To attend an event, you have to be at said event

To the person asking about the beer sales rule and not being able to sell alcohol at university events on campus. That's an old wives' tale, they sell beer at UH football and baseball games, and both of those stadiums are on campus. I'm sure it's done at other schools as well. I was talking to a former Louisville student and he said they sold whiskey at their games. I think universities just don't want to open themselves up to the liability and the bad press they could receive if something happened with underage kids.

cdsfrog

Because they call it "Total Attendance", not "Total Ticket Sales". To attend an event, you have to be at said event

To the person asking about the beer sales rule and not being able to sell alcohol at university events on campus. That's an old wives' tale, they sell beer at UH football and baseball games, and both of those stadiums are on campus. I'm sure it's done at other schools as well. I was talking to a former Louisville student and he said they sold whiskey at their games. I think universities just don't want to open themselves up to the liability and the bad press they could receive if something happened with underage kids.

see above post

Houston Frog

see above post

My point still stands. I wasn't making a commentary on the total attendance for this game at all, I was just responding to Purple Blood's comment in which he implied that it was obvious that they should list total ticket sales when they announce "Total Attendance".

My point still stands. I wasn't making a commentary on the total attendance for this game at all, I was just responding to Purple Blood's comment in which he implied that it was obvious that they should list total ticket sales when they announce "Total Attendance".

Exactly! Don't we all laugh at the "attendance" numbers that the basketball team gives? It is not a subtle difference between purchased tickets and butts in seats. Yesterday was a great crowd, but I don't know if the number was truly the number attending or if it was the number of tickets sold.

michaelperry

Does anyone know if dogs can be brought to the lawn area? I've never sat anywhere but the stands and was curious because the weather is so great to bring her out.

cdsfrog

Exactly! Don't we all laugh at the "attendance" numbers that the basketball team gives? It is not a subtle difference between purchased tickets and butts in seats. Yesterday was a great crowd, but I don't know if the number was truly the number attending or if it was the number of tickets sold.

and my point stands as well that is stupid. This wasn't an empty basketball stadium. A handful of seats were empty in the whole stadium. and plenty were in standing areas at least 20X as many as the empty seats.

Maybe it was 5987 or 6022. Who cares, its amazing

and my point stands as well that is stupid. This wasn't an empty basketball stadium. A handful of seats were empty in the whole stadium. and plenty were in standing areas at least 20X as many as the empty seats.

Whatever. You're missing the point, so I'm not going to try explaining it again. We can agree that it was a great crowd.

Houston Frog

My point wasn't about this game, the crowd was great and it looked every bit of 6100 people.

My point had to do with the practice of announcing attendance figures in general (at all venues, college and pro alike). Personally, I think they should have two different statistics, Total Ticket Sales and Total Attendance. Purple Blood said that they should obviously count all tickets sold in the Total Attendance figure, because TCU had that money. My point was that it's not tickets sales that they were announcing, it was Total Attendance. Attendance means how many people were there, not how many people bought seats

I wasn't making any sort of commentary on yesterday's crowd at Lupton

Houston Frog

Whatever. You're missing the point, so I'm not going to try explaining it again. We can agree that it was a great crowd.

Exactly

People here are so defensive, they thought we were trying to take a shot at TCU and we were implying there was no way there was really 6,099 people there. That wasn't our point in the lightest.