• The KillerFrogs

Record Crowd at Lupton

cdsfrog

my apologies seemed as though one was. Attendance was great yesterday and very solid today considering the byu romp was shortly starting after. 5k tomorrow

BogeyGolf7

Chuck said on the broadcast that the previous attendance record for a 3-game series has already been broken in these first 2 games

ShivasFrog

Chuck said on the broadcast that the previous attendance record for a 3-game series has already been broken in these first 2 games

Unbelievable. I wonder if this increase in TCU baseball fandom will continue throughout the season. If we average over 4K per game, would that put us in the top ten in attendance ?

halfwaytoheaven

At Tulane they sell a variety of cocktails. It's quite nice to have a crown and coke while watching some college baseball.

There's really nothing stopping you from doing that at Lupton. You certainly wouldn't be the first.

And yeah, today's attendance would have been the all-time record ... if not for Friday. I hope this next phase of expansion for Lupton calls for wider concourses, more bathrooms and more concession stands, 'cause, man, it's crowded.

Opintel

Moderators
There's really nothing stopping you from doing that at Lupton. You certainly wouldn't be the first.

And yeah, today's attendance would have been the all-time record ... if not for Friday. I hope this next phase of expansion for Lupton calls for wider concourses, more bathrooms and more concession stands, 'cause, man, it's crowded.
An overhaul of the concourses (push 'em out toward the track), with an addition "down the line" of better concession stands will have to happen, if the Froggies stay very good at the game of Baseball. I'm pretty sure they will.

These problems are, in some ways, to be cherished. Toss in the Football stuff - yeah, we have some problems. Isn't it great to have them? I'm old, and remember the times from around 1960 (ish), and I'll take this every damn time! :biggrin:

BTW - I didn't see any beer for sale, except for the rented patio area (restricted). Did I just miss it?

Unbelievable. I wonder if this increase in TCU baseball fandom will continue throughout the season. If we average over 4K per game, would that put us in the top ten in attendance ?

It would probably put us just into the top 10. Here's last year's numbers:

http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com/2011/01/06/2010-ncaa-baseball-attendance-leaders/

halfwaytoheaven

BTW - I didn't see any beer for sale, except for the rented patio area (restricted). Did I just miss it?

The beer is only sold out by the patios in right field. The drinks I was referring to can't be purchased at Lupton, but no one has ever searched me. They sell coke, and a flask takes care of the rest.

I'm at the ballpark right now, and there are probably fewer than 1500 people in seats. Get out here now! Of course, I'm told that those paid-for empty seats cheer just as loud as the full ones.

halfwaytoheaven

4393 was Sunday's attendance, which would have been a stadium record had the game been played on Thursday, but it's still good for third highest all-time. That gives us a series record of 14,893. Not too shabby.

HFrog12

So is this beer that was reported of being sold only for patio ticket holders or can anyone in attendance walk over and grad a beer as long as they stay in the area? Like a beer garden?

halfwaytoheaven

So is this beer that was reported of being sold only for patio ticket holders or can anyone in attendance walk over and grad a beer as long as they stay in the area? Like a beer garden?

Gotta have tickets for the patios to get to the beer. And the beer can't leave that area.