• The KillerFrogs

Record Crowd at Lupton

Pharm Frog

6099 for the game. Beats the old record by 1300

Announcers already predicting the record will fall tomorrow. If I remember correctly, they said something about having over 1,500 students there and may reach 2,000 tomorrow. That would be an amazing attendance percentage if it happens. I don't know if they count TCU students separately from "student tickets" for elementary and secondary school kids but still mighty strong support....

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
They were also selling beer tonight. Baseball, beer and Frogs..it just doesnt get any better than that

TCURiggs

They were also selling beer tonight. Baseball, beer and Frogs..it just doesnt get any better than that

Agreed. If the Showgirls were throwing Chipotle burritos instead of Chipotle shirts, it might have been the best night ever...other than Jan 1, 2011.

West Texas Frog

I talked to two TCU baseball lettermen tonight that were at the game and they are both overcome with the tremendous turnout. A very proud moment for them, and yes...they were a little emotional about it.

SnoSki

Del Conte said it was on the first base side near the permanent party tents in the outfield

Pleaaaaase tell me this will be a regular fixture. If so they will need to go on and take my suggestion to build out bleachers in the outfield. Just think if we had a rowdy "Mannywood" like crowd behind the LF fence like Boston and the Dodgers did. That would be AMAZING

UnderToad

How did they make that happen? I always thought it couldn't be done at at university events on campus.

Not sure about the first base side but I bought beer on the third base patio area between the TCU dugout and the bullpen. You have to be a patio ticket holder and you can't take it into the regular Lupton seats . . . I think kind of like the club seating has been for football the past few years. By the way . . . ran out of Coors and Miller light. Also selling wine.

Hope it spreads to whole stadium.

halfwaytoheaven

Will this beer be sold for the rest of the weekend? Or the rest of the series?

And I doubt we beat tonight's record tomorrow - the BYU game will keep a lot of people away. Maybe next weekend.

Man, 6,000 people. I was thinking during the game that we were over 5,000 easy and had the record for sure, but that number surprised me. Now if we just had more bathrooms, more concession stands and wider concourses.

A sold ticket, used or not counts. Why wouldn't it? TCU has that money.

The only thing is that crowd noise makes a difference, and if half of the crowd "in attendance" isn't actually there...then that's not the same feel. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad we have such a strong season ticket base (myself included). I was just wondering if that was the actual number of people sitting in the stadium.

UnderToad

Don't know how they calculated attendance, but my sense was Lupton was full.

Stands looked full. Grass looked full. Even the railings and walkways looked full with standing room only type fans.

Didn't see any room for additional fans except outfield (where there were actually some people sitting on grass).

I think this qualifies as as sellout.