• The KillerFrogs

Potential transfer QB targets

flyfishingfrog

don't recall much tebow news in houston and can't tell you if he is still playing.

how many people did he put in the seats at those mets and yankee games?
do you live in the city that owns his contract?

or do you visit Florida during their spring training?

They literally sold out some of the Spring Training games he played in and had segments on him in the NY Metro area.

He was everywhere for the first 3 years, even on the Today show and Good Morning America.

Plus he was on ESPN talking about....

It has run its track but they used it and will be 10x from Murray since he would be going straight there.

My gosh, we are talking about it now on a football forum for a school that has nothing to do with Murray or the A's

Zubaz

Publicity don't win games. Look at the Cowboys.
The A's already don't win games. Their options are "Lose and make more money" vs. "Lose and make less money".

don't recall much tebow news in houston and can't tell you if he is still playing.

how many people did he put in the seats at those mets and yankee games?
As a Mets fan, Tebow news usually goes something like this:
-Beginning of the season he does a Tebow thing, usually hitting a dramatic home run in his first at bat.
-Rest of the season he'll go .240 or so, with a lot of strikeouts.
-He'll get moved to another team, somewhere between A and AA.
-Hits another dramatic homerun early in his run with new team.
-Regresses back to that .240 range.
-Rumors that he will be called up in August or September for publicity, since the Mets are already eliminated from playoff contention by that point (really, it's the Mets, so they're usually out of playoff contention by May).
-He isn't called up.

We all wait until the following year when the cycle repeats.

Eight

do you live in the city that owns his contract?

or do you visit Florida during their spring training?

They literally sold out some of the Spring Training games he played in and had segments on him in the NY Metro area.

He was everywhere for the first 3 years, even on the Today show and Good Morning America.

Plus he was on ESPN talking about....

It has run its track but they used it and will be 10x from Murray since he would be going straight there.

My gosh, we are talking about it now on a football forum for a school that has nothing to do with Murray or the A's

don't watch by choice today, good morning america or espn. found no real reason to do so other than if they are on at the gym and then no sound.

don't visit florida since it is pretty much like houston with 10,000 t-shirt shops and all you can eat buffets

tebow is actually in my mind a bigger deal than murry in regards to his media presence. tim has had one since his time at florida and has been very, very outspoken on a number of topics.

he then had all the talk about could he make it in the nfl and somehow the broncos won a play-off game with him at quarterback.

if he had kept his mouth shut about his opinions how much do you think people care? how unique is he if he doesn't talk about his beliefs?

so tell me what kyler stands for? what does kyler believe in because i just see is a very good athlete, but what i don't see is anything about him that makes him the media star tebow was other than the media trying to create a story and as time has shown again and again you don't create these stories. they are either there or they fade away.

flyfishingfrog

don't watch by choice today, good morning america or espn. found no real reason to do so other than if they are on at the gym and then no sound.

don't visit florida since it is pretty much like houston with 10,000 t-shirt shops and all you can eat buffets

tebow is actually in my mind a bigger deal than murry in regards to his media presence. tim has had one since his time at florida and has been very, very outspoken on a number of topics.

he then had all the talk about could he make it in the nfl and somehow the broncos won a play-off game with him at quarterback.

if he had kept his mouth shut about his opinions how much do you think people care? how unique is he if he doesn't talk about his beliefs?

so tell me what kyler stands for? what does kyler believe in because i just see is a very good athlete, but what i don't see is anything about him that makes him the media star tebow was other than the media trying to create a story and as time has shown again and again you don't create these stories. they are either there or they fade away.
so as with most things - you of course know it all.

Guess you were not a marketing major or ever asked to finance marketing efforts to increase market presence...

flyfishingfrog

yes, no, maybe
well I give all knowing Wizard.

I do know I have had to pay for a lot of regional and even some national marketing in my life - and if I could have gotten my subject of choice talked about on every sports broadcast on TV, radio and the internet several times a day for a month for $15 mil - it would have been an easy choice.

CountryFrog

Was just going to post this. "We don't need no stinkin transfer QBs."
If Justin is 100% then I agree we don't need a transfer to come in and start. He's the future so might as well get him in there now and see what he can do. I'd still like to see a transfer come in to provide some depth so that Duggan can redshirt. Although the 4 game rule makes that a little easier.

froginmn

Last thing I want to do is get in the way of this thrilling discussion, but what Murray does directly impacts one of our biggest rivals and affects what a TCU target transfer QB does, so I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with us.

CountryFrog

Last thing I want to do is get in the way of this thrilling discussion, but what Murray does directly impacts one of our biggest rivals and affects what a TCU target transfer QB does, so I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with us.
Not really. He's gone from OU no matter what. He'll either be in the NFL or pro baseball.

flyfishingfrog

only if you are one of the people that thinks he would pass up both professional leagues to stay in college - not sure anyone is seriously discussing that idea anymore

Eight

I do know I have had to pay for a lot of regional and even some national marketing in my life - and if I could have gotten my subject of choice talked about on every sports broadcast on TV, radio and the internet several times a day for a month for $15 mil - it would have been an easy choice.

so much irony