• The KillerFrogs

Potential transfer QB targets

Chongo94

Is he really THAT good of a baseball player? I mean I know he’s good and whatnot. But is he really of the ability to warrant this press the A’s are putting on him? Someone enlighten me please, thank you.

Paint It Purple

He’d be dumb if he didn’t use his football success to leverage more money for himself. How can anyone be mad about that? Good for him.
Agree, except there can be a line where actions of good faith cross over into gaming people. I’m all for making the most money one can, but at some point just pick your passion and let everyone move on.

netty2424

Agree, except there can be a line where actions of good faith cross over into gaming people. I’m all for making the most money one can, but at some point just pick your passion and let everyone move on.
He’s simply doing the opposite of what the A’s ownership are doing. They want him as cheap as they can get him, he wants to maximize his compensation. He has leverage that a lot of players won’t. Might as well get paid.

MLB willing to make an exception which is going to open a lot of doors for players

tenor.gif

You think MLB wants to break it's protective process. No way.

Moose Stuff

That’s why I asked about Boras earlier in another thread I think. Is this his play to blow up the MLB slot limits?

My gut would be a strong “no”, but I wouldn’t be comfortable making any assumptions about what Scott might try to do. IMO MLB wouldn’t be tying one cent of this money to the draft.

MTfrog5

That’s my assumption but I honestly don’t know. Kind of in uncharted territory here.
Everything I’ve seen is they will put him on the 40 man and MLB would have to approve that. Like you said it’s uncharted territory since the slot system was put into place. I don’t think really anyone knows or understands what is going to happen until it’s official one way or the other