• The KillerFrogs

Postseason Hoops thread & NCAA Tourney Challenge

Houston really impressed and looked like the best team in the country in the 2nd half versus Auburn. I think star guard, Marcus Sasser said he was 60% with his strained groin but he looked close to 100%. Point guard, Jamal Shead has a sore knee but he looked good too. When Sasser and Shead sat with four fouls the front court stepped up and intimidated. 12 blocked shots for the Cougs. DEFENCE wins.

I think if they are 100% and play near their best, Houston wins this tourney. I would very much like that— Go Cougs! Something to invigorate UH alumni and local Houston T-shirt fans as they enter the Big 12.

I picked Texas in my bracket to win it all but that was a mistake because I dislike them so much that I can’t root for them to win the tourney, and certainly do not want them to beat Houston. Watching Texas last night I learned my picks need to align with my heart in some instances, and this is one of those, haha.

Picking Texas over Houston was a bit of a hedge, as I was assuming there was a good chance that Sasser and/or Shead would not be healthy enough or finish this tourney, but I regret that pick now.

Last edited:

y2kFrog

Houston really impressed in the second half last night and looked like the best team in the country. I think star guard, Marcus Sasser said he was 60% with his strained groin but he looked 100%. Point guard, Jamal Shead has a sore knee but he looked good too. When Sasser and Shead sat with four fouls the front court stepped up and intimidated. 12 blocked shots for the Cougs. DEFENCE wins.

I think if they are 100%, Houston wins this tourney. I would very much like that— Go Cougs! Something to invigorate alumni and local Houston T-shirt fans as UH enters the Big 12.

I picked Texas in my bracket to win it all but that was a mistake because I dislike them so much that I can’t root for them to win the tourney, and certainly do not want them to beat Houston. Watching Texas last night I learned my picks need to align with my heart in some instances, and this is one of those, haha.

Picking Texas over Houston was a bit of a hedge, as I was assuming there was a good chance that Sasser and/or Shead would not be healthy enough or finish this tourney, but I regret that pick now.

Those Kansas fans complaining that Houston rated ahead of them was crazy owe the committee an apology.