• The KillerFrogs

Postseason Hoops thread & NCAA Tourney Challenge

hometown frog

Be glad you don’t, she’s one of the most cringiest, unlikeable characters of all time. She’s extremely toxic yet every woman in Texas seems to think she’s a “Queen.” She’s a character on the show, Yellowstone.

Fauda is legit, love that show, and Narcos, especially when they get to Mexico.
Her character is great for that show. Total chaos agent for sure, but draws in the connection that’s missing otherwise in Yellowstone for us.

Chongo94

Her character is great for that show. Total chaos agent for sure, but draws in the connection that’s missing otherwise in Yellowstone for us.
Season 6 No GIF by Friends

Eight

have to disagree with you there, her character is one of the most overacted characters i can recall in quite some time, reminds me of this snl bit

Z2lwaHkuZ2lm.gif

would say though that the worst overplayed part of the sheridan triology is not beth, but isabel may's accent in 1883. right up there with nicholas cage's accent as cameron poe in con air for all time bad accent in moden entertainment.

damn, the baseball game needs to get here fast today​

Frog DJ

Near the end of the first half, I turned to the wife and said, “ASU is white hot, but they can’t possibly stay that way.”

Near the end of the second half, the wife turned to me and said, “Well, you called it!”

Go Frogs!

hometown frog

Overall I think it just
have to disagree with you there, her character is one of the most overacted characters i can recall in quite some time, reminds me of this snl bit

Z2lwaHkuZ2lm.gif

would say though that the worst overplayed part of the sheridan triology is not beth, but isabel may's accent in 1883. right up there with nicholas cage's accent as cameron poe in con air for all time bad accent in moden entertainment.

damn, the baseball game needs to get here fast today​
in general I think it just shows that Yellowstone isn’t as great of a series as it’s made out to be. We first watched 1883 and thought it was one of the best all time. (rivaling Lonesome Dove; which is a HUGE bar for me.). So we dove into Yellowstone thinking it would somewhat match it. Not so much. Stuck somewhere around season 3 and can’t get back into it.

to be fair, I think most roles in the series are vastly overplayed characters.

namollec

Overall I think it just

in general I think it just shows that Yellowstone isn’t as great of a series as it’s made out to be. We first watched 1883 and thought it was one of the best all time. (rivaling Lonesome Dove; which is a HUGE bar for me.). So we dove into Yellowstone thinking it would somewhat match it. Not so much. Stuck somewhere around season 3 and can’t get back into it.

to be fair, I think most roles in the series are vastly overplayed characters.
Yeah, maybe.

I just like saying " cue the cello section" every time the theme music is playing, about to be played, or needed for the "just so" dramatic moment.

It must be serious if he’s missing a tourney game. Wouldn’t be surprised if he retires at the end of the season.

Report on March 12—
“KU coach Bill Self was discharged from the University of Kansas Health System today in good condition. He arrived at the emergency department Wednesday evening March 8 complaining of chest tightness and balance concerns,” a statement from the University of Kansas health system said. “Clinical Service Chief for Cardiovascular Medicine and Interventional Cardiologist Dr. Mark Wiley said Coach Self underwent a standard heart catheterization and had two stents placed for the treatment of blocked arteries. Coach Self responded well to the procedure and is expected to make a full recovery.”

Deep Purple

We first watched 1883 and thought it was one of the best all time. (rivaling Lonesome Dove; which is a HUGE bar for me.).
1883 is not even in the same universe as Lonesome Dove. Larry McMurtry actually did a lot of research to capture the authentic historical flavor of the period and climate he wrote about in his massive novel, on which the miniseries was based. And it came across as authentic frontier and wilderness from Texas to Montana.

Taylor Sheridan just blended a bunch of clichéd Western stereotypes with a hatful of historical errors/anachronisms, then added a hash of 21st-century California wokeness, and -- voilà -- instant Hollywood-style miniseries!

As I said... not even in the same universe.

PurpleBlood87

It must be serious if he’s missing a tourney game. Wouldn’t be surprised if he retires at the end of the season.

It generally takes most people a couple of weeks to start returning to their normal activities after angioplasty/stenting. Before you leave hospital, you'll be given detailed instructions for exercise, medications, follow-up appointments, ongoing wound care and resuming normal activities.

Coaching is probably beyond normal activities

Virginia Frog

Taylor Sheridan just blended a bunch of clichéd Western stereotypes with a hatful of historical errors/anachronisms, then added a hash of 21st-century California wokeness, and -- voilà -- instant Hollywood-style miniseries!
Taylor Sheridan writes fast and lose (and brags about it.) While he writes good dialog, if you watch carefully, you'll discover plot points and character motivations that don't connect properly or make sense.

He needs a script editor or something to clean up his messes. (Apparently, no network executive seems to want to intervene. As long as it sells/gets eyeballs is the only test or it might be a case of The Emperor has no clothes!)