• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Just took the kiddo to see Jungle Cruise tonight. They took the overdone CGI from Pirates of the Caribbean and the preposterous writing from National Treasure 2 and said, “let’s see if we can combine these to remake Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Cate Blanchet was a hot Nazi

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Doubt it will be able to afford the SFX action necessary to appease the non-fanatical viewers it will need to draw to remain viable past a couple of seasons. Limited series would be a better idea, IMO.
The GoT model involves lots of boobs and bodies. That really doesn't apply to Middle Earth, but I'm sure they'll figure out a way to make everything ridiculous.

Eight

Doubt it will be able to afford the SFX action necessary to appease the non-fanatical viewers it will need to draw to remain viable past a couple of seasons. Limited series would be a better idea, IMO.

the budget on this project is insane, new zealand itself kicked in over 150M and the total estimates are 800M-1B

we are talking sec level money for the project

Chongo94

Just watched The Suicide Squad. Loved it.

Some may hate it though. I think it’s a very fine line on whether you will enjoy it or not but I certainly did. It’s very much a comedy at times and I was laughing throughout. Also, it’s pretty gory at times.

It is a bazillion times better than the first one. The music was great too, depending on your tastes.

Stay on the lookout for the Spanish secretary, wowzas…

Last edited:

Bizarro Frog

looks interesting. the concern is without source material how much do they wander in the stories
Huge Tolkien fan here and I am glad Peter Jackson is not directing. His fight scenes and invincible characters, especially Legolas, became preposterous as the series progressed. The Hobbit series was almost unwatchable. Legolas and the Dwarves from the Hobbit might be able to kill 10,000 Orca in about 10 minutes.