1. The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Chongo94, Jan 14, 2018.

1. BCS question (potential spoiler)

Was there a season after his brother set his house on fire, or is that where it left off?

2. I’m not sure I ever finished season 2.

3. Yes. Season 4. Very good IMHO.

Season 5 will start sometime after the first of the year.

Frog-in-law1995 likes this.
  4. Anyone see the most recent Godzilla movie and if so, was it any good?

It’s on ppv now and I was thinking of giving it a view. I know parts will be cheesy but the first one was halfway decent.

5. Saw it and was a little disappointed. The fight scenes were cool, but the rest of the it was ridiculous. The family dynamic in it made the whole thing dumb for me. Still, fight scenes were cool.

I was also a little disappointed in Rocket Man. The Queen movie was much better.

Salfrog and Chongo94 like this.

6. no words for the potential greatness of this, but then again i am fairly sure there are no words to the script other than girl gets drugged and taken by cartel, john goes to get her and calls upon every skill and weapon he has devised in every previous rambo movie.

ftwfrog likes this.
  7. Some other good Christian movies:
    1. Voiceless- about a church youth director dealing with an abortion clinic

2. Do You Believe?- about faith in modern times for various people

3. Mountain Top- about faith in modern times with a person who has visions

4. Seasons of Gray- A modern day version of the story of Joseph

5. Book of Daniel- a biblical account of Daniel and his experiences

6. The Heart of Man- part movie/part documentary dealing with sexual sin

7. The Passion of The Christ- its sequel is to come out next year
    Have also heard some good things about Silence (2016), The Prince of Egypt, Calvary, Escape (the pureflix movie not Norwegian horror movie) and Risen.

8. The book, "The Shack" was very moving, but have not seen the movie.

ThisIsOurTime likes this.
  9. I have heard good things about the book but haven't seen the movie. It got 77% from audience on Rotten Tomatoes. I have found that 70% and above is usually pretty good rule of thumb for being a good movie. The author is actually part of the documentary movie "The Heart of Man" that I mentioned above.

10. For anyone looking for a new series to get into, highly recommend Succession on HBO. Hilarious, very well written, and might just hit a little close to home for a few folks at TCU.

Ron Swanson likes this.
  11. Terminator Dark Fate trailers x2 look bad (as in rockin sockum good)

12. The Shack is worth a watch. It is thought-provoking as it tries to explain faith and God's actions in times of devastating tragedy.

Hoosierfrog and ThisIsOurTime like this.
  13. Hmmm, I don’t know about this. Looks like a lot of action but meh, Skynet is already here anyway with Amazon.

ShadowFrog likes this.
  14. Yes, of the 2 that’s the weaker trailer.

Chongo94 likes this.
  15. Looking forward to watching Ad Astra. I’m big on space movies. Recently... Interstellar, Life, The Martian, and Arrival have all been solid, imo. Gravity was decent as well.

Edit - guardians of the galaxy 1 and 2 have to count for something and they were very entertaining.

WhiteHispanicFrog likes this.
  16. Rip away if you want but I went to see "Downton Abbey" this morning and it was very good. Nice to see all the characters again.

HFrog1999 and flyfishingfrog like this.
  17. Saw this yesterday afternoon. Lots of action. But where the earlier movies were all shoot'em up, bomb them type "from a distance" killings, these were mostly up close knife work victims. IMO, the most violent of movie of the series.

Chongo94 likes this.
  18. New Guy Ritchie movie. Looks like it’s right in his wheelhouse so I’m in.

Eight likes this.
  19. @RollToad, Tremors is currently airing on one of the Starz channels.

20. Saw Downton Abbey, so disappointing. I thought it was a comedy about an downtown A@M dude. Hearing isn’t what it used to be...