• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Chongo94

That dude is in everything now. Hell, he's in a movie where he plays six different versions of the same character.
He was also in, before he blew up, a film that went under the radar or was under appreciated I think. Everybody Wants Some. I loved it…basically dazed and confused but in college. About college baseball dudes in Texas.

Last edited:

tcudoc

Watching The Claw. Had to turn it off at the first funeral.
Hey! Spoiler alert!
Wait until you figure out that they wrote an entire son out of the story to trim a few minutes off of the movie because his death was pretty similar to his brother’s and the filmmaker didn’t think it really contributed anything additional to the story. When I looked it up and read about that, it made me kind of pissed off. I hope the family didn’t sign off on that idea and that they’re pissed about it as well.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Hey! Spoiler alert!
Wait until you figure out that they wrote an entire son out of the story to trim a few minutes off of the movie because his death was pretty similar to his brother’s and the filmmaker didn’t think it really contributed anything additional to the story. When I looked it up and read about that, it made me kind of pissed off. I hope the family didn’t sign off on that idea and that they’re pissed about it as well.
Kevin Von Erich said they didn't ask him for any input about the movie. They let him see before the premiere and that was the first time he found out what was in it. Before that, he had no idea. The only thing he's had to say negative about it was that he didn't like the way they portrayed Fritz(their father), in the movie. Other than that, he's had nothing but good things to say about the movie, at least publicly.

Froglaw

Hey! Spoiler alert!
The first son Jack Jr?

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Here's a couple of things I've watched that I thought were share-worthy:

Hit Man (Netflix). Based on a true story (first published in Texas Monthly; written TCU grad Skip Hollandsworth).

The Blue Angels (Amazon Prime). Follows the Blue Angels through an entire show season--from initial rehearsals to actual airshow performances to the selection and training process for new pilots. Unbelievable cockpit videos during live flying. The segment on their g-force training in San Antonio is also good--regaining your senses after g-lock isn't as quick as shown in TG-Maverick.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I believe it is @BrewingFrog that likes the French classics although I could be wrong. In French with subtitles but I believe this is getting rave reviews and it looks good going by the trailer.

The Count of Monte Cristo…

I love me my Dumas, and things generally sound better in their original tongue n'est ce pas? Oh, this one's on the radar...

My disappointment with the recent French Three Musketeers production had to do with the ghastly butchering of Dumas' tale through the process of "Hollywood-izing" the script. Something I had hoped the French writers and producers would avoid, but evidently felt that a work that has somehow kept it's popularity for two centuries needed a little "punching up" and such.

jack the frog

Here's a couple of things I've watched that I thought were share-worthy:

Hit Man (Netflix). Based on a true story (first published in Texas Monthly; written TCU grad Skip Hollandsworth).

The Blue Angels (Amazon Prime). Follows the Blue Angels through an entire show season--from initial rehearsals to actual airshow performances to the selection and training process for new pilots. Unbelievable cockpit videos during live flying. The segment on their g-force training in San Antonio is also good--regaining your senses after g-lock isn't as quick as shown in TG-Maverick.

The Blue Angel doc was excellent.

Ron Swanson

Dark Matter on AppleTV+ is solid

Outer Range season 2 is out. I had forgotten damn near everything from season 1. Had to rewatch the last couple episodes. It’s an interesting show that I like, but it’s weird.

HFrog1999

Disney destroys everything. They made ESPN unwatchable and now they spent $4 billion to buy a franchise just to make it even more ridiculous

I’m gonna tell my grandkids this was Star Wars

Hocus Pocus GIF