• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Chongo94

I’ve seen the first 30 minutes of episode 1 and I can tell I’m gonna like it.

It kind of reminds me of Dallas, only without the ghey soap opera douchey Dallas feel.

Now I’ll warn you, it in places tends to mythologize cowboy life a bit and has a bit of a way too much drama feel, but it’s for the most part really damn good. And like you said, it does it all without the ghey soap opera douchey Dallas feel for sure. I’ve really enjoyed the first two episodes.

kidkarr

Saw Sicario 2 last night. It may be actually better story/plot but I liked it a little less than the first one. Still quite good in my opinion though...and they may have left the door open for a sequel.
If my kiddo gets bounced from tournament early this weekend, I’m gonna check this out for sure. Thought the 1st one was really good!

Ron Swanson

Btw, you recognize Cole Hauser in it? Still doesn’t register that that’s him every time I see him.
I had no idea who Cole Houser was until I read your post and googled him. I recognize him from a couple different things but never gave him a second thought until now.

But to answer your question, no I did not recognize that was him until I read your post and then went back to the episode again.

Pharm Frog

Sicario 2 is worthy of a view IMO (and in the opinion of Mrs Pharm). Brolin and Del Toro are fantastic as usual. They are 100% badasses on the big screen. The original was far and away better at most (if not all) things though. I don't agree with Talor that the story/plot is better than the original. In fact, I found this plot to be unnecessarily complex and convoluted and generally unnecessary. It did set up some action scenes though that were entertaining as hell. Timing of events was a bit off and distracting and some simply occur by supposed happenstance. Cinematography was pretty solid but short of the outstanding work of the original. I think this version tried to force feed the viewer significantly more dialogue which did not infect the original. I've watched the original several times but doubt I'll be seeing this one again unless it just happens to get in my way and there's nothing better to do.

The worst part about this movie experience is that I may have lost my movie-watching partner for anything other than an original movie. Mrs Pharm was so disgusted that our movie previews included Mission Impossible 14 (or whatever the hell it is now), A Star is Born, Predator, and Creed 2 and we were about to watch Sicario 2 AND it quite shamelessly sets up for another iteration (as did Jurassic Park 27 which we saw last weekend). She informed me over ribs and brisket and cheddar peppers at Railhead that she's done with sequels and prequels and re-makes since she thinks the best serial work is being done on TV series anyway. I gotta admit...I'm kind of in agreement.

Chongo94

I’ve seen the first 30 minutes of episode 1 and I can tell I’m gonna like it.

It kind of reminds me of Dallas, only without the ghey soap opera douchey Dallas feel.

FYI, Yellowstone is back on again tonight. Not sure if you’re caught up or not but just letting you know.