• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

berryfrog95

^^^ just saw Tag too....not as funny as Game night. Cool that it’s a true story, pretty funny- go in with lower expectations and you’ll be fine.

El Royale looks intriguing! But, I’m sure it’s going to be a flop

Chongo94

We just saw Solo... pretty disappointing overall.

Going to give Game Night or Deadpool2 a go this week.

Agreed on Solo. I mean it wasn’t bad, lots of action, but the guy playing Solo wasn’t near as interesting as all the other characters. He just couldn’t make it work for me.

I really enjoyed Deadpool 2 a lot. It’s not as good as the first one but still really good in my opinion.

Eight

we saw tag and enjoyed it for the most part, but felt they really did not have to take it to the extreme they did in the one area to be funny or close the story.

i understand not keeping to the exact story, but having read the original story and heard a few of the real group interviewed we thought there was enough meat on the bone so to speak not to have to push the creative envelope.

Pharm Frog

we saw tag and enjoyed it for the most part, but felt they really did not have to take it to the extreme they did in the one area to be funny or close the story.

i understand not keeping to the exact story, but having read the original story and heard a few of the real group interviewed we thought there was enough meat on the bone so to speak not to have to push the creative envelope.

I kind of agree with that. I was exposed to the true story during some executive coaching programs I was a part of that dove into the importance of games in development of certain aspects of one’s personality and work outlook. It is a cool story in real life but not sure it would make a compelling full length popular movie without the additions and license.

Eight

I kind of agree with that. I was exposed to the true story during some executive coaching programs I was a part of that dove into the importance of games in development of certain aspects of one’s personality and work outlook. It is a cool story in real life but not sure it would make a compelling full length popular movie without the additions and license.

maybe so, but i just know from personal experience that jerry's final get out of jail card tread on an area that is still a very painful subject in our family several years later.

stbrab

Highly recommend A Quiet Place if you haven't seen it yet, I think there are still some theaters showing it. Probably the most suspenseful movie I've ever seen.
Agree, an exceptional movie. The only movie I remember that may be as suspenseful is Alien.

talor

Watched Game Night last night. I love the cast and thought it was pretty dang good, but not as funny as I was hoping for (I had very high expectations though).
I think this is one of the keys. Going to the theatre and seeing something and forming your own opinion. I saw it without even seeing a trailer beforehand and me and my two buddies thought it was very entertaining.

Side Note: I watched the Shape Of Water last night, its weird, and romantic, and artsy kinda but I liked it for what it is.

Anyone see Annihilation? Was that any good?

I saw it in theatres and liked it. Very visually appealing but also a bit of a mind screw type movie. As long as you are open to non-low brow stuff that makes you think then you may like it.

Pharm Frog

Side Note: I watched the Shape Of Water last night, its weird, and romantic, and artsy kinda but I liked it for what it is.

Maybe I still don't know "what it is" but I had to refrain from ripping my ears off and gouging my eyes out. You are a far better movie watcher than me.

talor

Anyone see Annihilation? Was that any good?
Maybe I still don't know "what it is" but I had to refrain from ripping my ears off and gouging my eyes out. You are a far better movie watcher than me.
Lol. I dunno. I just keep an open mind and try to immerse myself in the movie. I think Michael Shannon is a badass too.

Seems the majority of people disagree with you, but you know what they say...there can be no debate in matters of taste :)

7.4/10 IMDb
92% Rotten Tomatoes
87% Metacritic
81% Google users liked this movie

jake102

Seeing Sicario 2 on Thursday night. Pumped. The first one is arguably a top 10 action movie in my eyes.

While I guess you would technically classify the first one as "action", it definitely isn't a traditional action movie. On that vein, rank these movies:

Sicario
No Country for Old Men
Hell or High Water
Wind River

jake102

No Country is the best on that list. But it’s also the only one I’ve seen.

You've got to be kidding.... I would VERY highly recommend the other three. Altho I agree, NCFOM is the best on the list. But it's a top 5 all time movie/book for me.

stbrab

While I guess you would technically classify the first one as "action", it definitely isn't a traditional action movie. On that vein, rank these movies:

Sicario
No Country for Old Men
Hell or High Water
Wind River
I've seen all but Sicario, so I can't comment on it. The other three are all exceptional. Its splitting hairs, but I'd probably go with No Country, then Wind River.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
You've got to be kidding.... I would VERY highly recommend the other three. Altho I agree, NCFOM is the best on the list. But it's a top 5 all time movie/book for me.
I’ve been interested in Sicario for a while and Hell or High Water looks great. I don’t know why, but I haven’t watched a movie in a while.

Except Tremors.