1. The KillerFrogs
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Movies thread

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Chongo94, Jan 14, 2018.

1. At the other end of the spectrum, The Shack was pretty true to the book...

QuilterFrawg likes this.
  2. Let's see, lately the movies I've seen that were hand picked for me, were:

Cars 3
    Trolls
    Sing
    Trolls
    Sing
    Trolls
    Trolls
    Trolls
    Trolls
    Trolls
    Sing
    Trolls
    Trolls
    Trolls

To be honest I didn't really understand what the director was trying to do in Trolls until the 32nd viewing. Then it hit me when I realized the conflict between the warring tribes was a metaphor for solving the Palestinian problem. It's quite beautiful and highly intelligent.

3. Good ones I've watched recently:

Get Out
    Arrival
    Hacksaw Ridge
    Hell or High Water
    Hidden Figures
    Manchester by the Sea
    Jack Reacher (I and II)
    John Wick (I and II)
    Kingsman (I)

Not so good ones I've watched (some not all the way to the end):

La La Land
    Jackie
    Fences
    Kingsman (II)

4. Get Out was good. Did enjoy Three Billboards in Ebbing MO.

Molly's Game is good. I need to get myself a high stakes poker game going.

ShadowFrog likes this.
  5. The ending singalong is fantastic. Makes me want to dance.

As for Sing...my son thinks he's Johnny on the piano. Cracks me up. The kid goes to town. While Christmas shopping I found a little stuffed Johnny for $3 thinking he'd love it. He hates it.

RollToad and Peacefrog like this.
  6. Well, if you use the criteria of "most of the actors are still alive" as a modern movie, then I nominate Silverado and Quigley Down Under as good westerns.

7. Agree. Molly's Game is good.

Hoosierfrog likes this.
  8. That Kingsman II movie was some kind of terrible.

MinerFrog2409, Double V and geezer like this.
  9. Mrs. Four Oaks Frog and I went to see The Commuter on Friday. It was tons and fun! I highly recommend it. Going to see Three Billboards tonight.

10. Saw the Commuter yesterday with Liam Neeson. Pretty good movie and intriguing.

Chongo94 likes this.
  11. Cars 3 was awesome. If you want to sell a kidney and take your kid to Disneyland California Adventures, Cars Land is amazing. It makes you feel like you’re in Radiator Springs.

As for movies, taking my 5 year old to see Jumanji tomorrow. Darn you PG-13 rating!

Purp and Peacefrog like this.
  12. War movies not receiving much press (both based on true stories):

Anthropoid
    Against the Sun

13. Is anyone else in a marriage where your wife loves going to the movie theater and you hate it?

I love movies, but hate going to the theater. My TV at home is awesome, I’ll just wait.

We tried Wonder Woman the other night after a couple of her friends recommended it to her. It was mediocre and we didn’t finish... the chick was hot though.

And while it isn’t technically a movie, Godless is awesome. It’s only 6 or 7 episodes, so it’s kind of Lonesome Dove length, so it could be considered movie-esque.

Has anyone seen Gold with McConaughey? I recorded that the other day and am planning on giving it a watch.

French Frog and TCUBetterThanYou like this.
  14. Hate it when that happens.

15. If you replace “we” with “she”, that describes a high percentage of my encounters perfectly

16. Get Out was a good one. Deepwater Horizon is also one I enjoyed.

17. Tremors 1 & 2.

FrogRillo, Bob, ftwfrog and 5 others like this.
  18. I don't see how anyone could enjoy seeing Tom Cruise play Jack Reacher unless you have never read the books by Lee Child.

FrogCop19 and Peacefrog like this.
  19. What? You don’t think Tom Cruise passes for 6’6” 250?!?

20. I just read that Toby McGuire was the arsehole gambling actor that screwed her around...

LisaLT likes this.