Trolls
Trolls
Trolls
Trolls
Sing
Trolls
Trolls
Trolls

To be honest I didn't really understand what the director was trying to do in Trolls until the 32nd viewing. Then it hit me when I realized the conflict between the warring tribes was a metaphor for solving the Palestinian problem. It's quite beautiful and highly intelligent.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Good ones I've watched recently:

Get Out
Arrival
Hacksaw Ridge
Hell or High Water
Hidden Figures
Manchester by the Sea
Jack Reacher (I and II)
John Wick (I and II)
Kingsman (I)

Not so good ones I've watched (some not all the way to the end):

La La Land
Jackie
Fences
Kingsman (II)

Let's see, lately the movies I've seen that were hand picked for me, were:

Cars 3
Trolls
Sing
Trolls
Sing
Trolls
Trolls
Trolls
Trolls
Trolls
Sing
Trolls
Trolls
Trolls

To be honest I didn't really understand what the director was trying to do in Trolls until the 32nd viewing. Then it hit me when I realized the conflict between the warring tribes was a metaphor for solving the Palestinian problem. It's quite beautiful and highly intelligent.

The ending singalong is fantastic. Makes me want to dance.

As for Sing...my son thinks he's Johnny on the piano. Cracks me up. The kid goes to town. While Christmas shopping I found a little stuffed Johnny for $3 thinking he'd love it. He hates it.

4 Oaks Frog

Mrs. Four Oaks Frog and I went to see The Commuter on Friday. It was tons and fun! I highly recommend it. Going to see Three Billboards tonight.

Diehard

I'm starting this because I've kind of been wanting to start one for a while and also because I just watched one of the worst westerns I've seen in a long long time and am hopeful that this thread will stop others from wasting money on certain movies like The Last Jedi or wasting time on a western like In a Valley of Violence.

So feel free to suggest movies worth seeing and those worth avoiding, be they old or new and famous or not well known.

As to In a Valley of Violence....it's bad, just really bad. I was kind of taking it in a ho hum way grinding through it until one of the last scenes with John Travolta standing in between two gun fighters. AVOID THIS MOVIE unless you like long winded badly written badly acted laughable stupidity.

Saw the Commuter yesterday with Liam Neeson. Pretty good movie and intriguing.

ftwfrog

Let's see, lately the movies I've seen that were hand picked for me, were:

Cars 3
Trolls
Sing
Trolls
Sing
Trolls
Trolls
Trolls
Trolls
Trolls
Sing
Trolls
Trolls
Trolls

Cars 3 was awesome. If you want to sell a kidney and take your kid to Disneyland California Adventures, Cars Land is amazing. It makes you feel like you’re in Radiator Springs.

As for movies, taking my 5 year old to see Jumanji tomorrow. Darn you PG-13 rating!

Ron Swanson

Is anyone else in a marriage where your wife loves going to the movie theater and you hate it?

I love movies, but hate going to the theater. My TV at home is awesome, I’ll just wait.

We tried Wonder Woman the other night after a couple of her friends recommended it to her. It was mediocre and we didn’t finish... the chick was hot though.

And while it isn’t technically a movie, Godless is awesome. It’s only 6 or 7 episodes, so it’s kind of Lonesome Dove length, so it could be considered movie-esque.

Has anyone seen Gold with McConaughey? I recorded that the other day and am planning on giving it a watch.

Bob

Good ones I've watched recently:

Get Out
Arrival
Hacksaw Ridge
Hell or High Water
Hidden Figures
Manchester by the Sea
Jack Reacher (I and II)
John Wick (I and II)
Kingsman (I)

Not so good ones I've watched (some not all the way to the end):

La La Land
Jackie
Fences
Kingsman (II)

I don't see how anyone could enjoy seeing Tom Cruise play Jack Reacher unless you have never read the books by Lee Child.