• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
agree on atomic blonde and one thing i really liked about the fight scenes is they did not gloss over the fact a highly trained woman giving up 40+ lbs fighting a highly trained man is going to run into some issues at times in regards to strength, mass, etc.....these are not your stereotypical movie fights where a 110 lb woman is kicking the ass of the east german power lifting team and not breaking a sweat let alone a nail music is also a plus

Yeah, but sometimes verisimillitude be damned, I still liked"The Fifth Element".

Chongo94

Saw Upgrade today. Pretty dang good. Awesome action and cool plot. Short too, under 2 hours (not counting trailers) for those short on time. Would recommend...

Frog-in-law1995

Holy [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]. THATS what this Rampage movie is? Good lord, they will make anything into a movie. I don’t even have a clue how you write a story around that game.

You put The Rock into a jungle with a crap-ton of CGI perils and have him do lots of self-deprecating humor about the size of his muscles, then have him break the 4th wall a couple times, then mix in some Drake, then roll credits and collect your millions from all the 16-24 age males.

Edit: you also throw in a few Mountain Dew, Monster and Doritos product placements to pay The Rock’s salary.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
You put The Rock into a jungle with a crap-ton of CGI perils and have him do lots of self-deprecating humor about the size of his muscles, then have him break the 4th wall a couple times, then mix in some Drake, then roll credits and collect your millions from all the 16-24 age males.

Edit: you also throw in a few Mountain Dew, Monster and Doritos product placements to pay The Rock’s salary.
So a typical summer movie.

Chongo94

I bought a Mountain Dew made with real sugar the other day. Have yet to try it though.

ShadowFrog

Moderators

I’d watch that just for Karen Gillan.

Chongo94

I’d watch that just for Karen Gillan.

You know the rules!

b6d82d134898787eda2ab5802fa40e31.jpg

ShadowFrog

Moderators
19 July
Looks like excellent casting, just hope it holds up beyond a good trailer, for the history nerds, Band of Brothers hungry crowd or Jason Bourne fans;

Pharm Frog

Had read somewhat positive reviews about Hereditary although that's really not my preferred genre. Took Mrs Pharm to see it. Excellent acting by Toni Collette...really good. Mediocre suspense/horror movie in my opinion. Still getting 8.0 on IMDB but I don't get that at all. I am going to go see "Tag" this weekend. I'm hopeful.