• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

ShadowFrog

Moderators
This looks like a Cant Miss

23 years later and Denzel is still making Star Trek joke references in his films.
Five trivia Trophy Points awarded to the quotes (2 in one film).

What Up Toad

I have the movie pass, so I go see a lot of movies I wouldn't otherwise go to.

I thought Upgrade was decent (a lot of cool fight scenes, but awful writing and mediocre acting). Game Night was decent as well (I thought Blockers was funnier).

The best thing I've seen recently was Hereditary. The trailers did a really good job of tricking you into thinking it was a different movie than what it actually was. I want to watch it again, but the girlfriend has already veto'd that.

Pharm Frog

I have the movie pass, so I go see a lot of movies I wouldn't otherwise go to.

I thought Upgrade was decent (a lot of cool fight scenes, but awful writing and mediocre acting). Game Night was decent as well (I thought Blockers was funnier).

The best thing I've seen recently was Hereditary. The trailers did a really good job of tricking you into thinking it was a different movie than what it actually was. I want to watch it again, but the girlfriend has already veto'd that.

Endorsement of Hereditary ensures that I’ll take your future recommendations with heavy doses of skepticism. (Although as mentioned earlier - Toni Collette is fantastic in her role)

Ron Swanson

Watched Game Night last night. I love the cast and thought it was pretty dang good, but not as funny as I was hoping for (I had very high expectations though).

What Up Toad

Endorsement of Hereditary ensures that I’ll take your future recommendations with heavy doses of skepticism. (Although as mentioned earlier - Toni Collette is fantastic in her role)

My favorite movies are Goodfellas, The Big Lebowski, and No Country for Old Men, if that gives you a good reference point.

I just felt like Hereditary was very well put together. The writing was excellent and the acting was superb. If the point of a movie is for it make you feel something, Hereditary very much made you feel "dread."

It's my favorite horror movie since Conjuring. It's not my favorite genre, but I thought like it was done very well. It's one of those movies where I want to rewatch it to see all of the foreshadowing that I missed the first time.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
My favorite movies are Goodfellas, The Big Lebowski, and No Country for Old Men, if that gives you a good reference point.

I just felt like Hereditary was very well put together. The writing was excellent and the acting was superb. If the point of a movie is for it make you feel something, Hereditary very much made you feel "dread."

It's my favorite horror movie since Conjuring. It's not my favorite genre, but I thought like it was done very well. It's one of those movies where I want to rewatch it to see all of the foreshadowing that I missed the first time.
You are correct in all of this.

Pharm Frog

Redeemed for sure. Hereditary did not make me feel “dread” or anything else other than a feeling that I should have chosen to see another movie. About halfway through it I was done with the story (perhaps because of the heavy handed attempts at foreshadowing) and focused on how good Collette was. Thought the score was far better than the minimalist writing. Conjuring may have been the last horror/suspense movie I saw prior to this and it’s far superior to this one IMO.

Pharm Frog

Recommend Tag. Has mixed online reviews and some purely because of rather amazingly uncomfortable but exceptionally funny sequence on a previous taboo subject. It's not destined for classic comedy status but well worth the matinee pricing and superb casting IMO (and I'm not much of an Ed Helms fan generally). Saw previews of Bad Times at The El Royale which opens in October. I have high hopes for that flick based on the trailer and cast but fear that I will be let down. Sure hope not.