• The KillerFrogs

New OC hired!

Hughes Your Daddy

GoFrogs21 said:
@AlexAppleDFW: Breaking news: #TCU will hire University of Houston offensive coordinator, Doug Meacham, to be new offensive coordinator, source confirms

Aw hell yeah...

GoFrogs21 said:
@FollowtheFrogs: #TCU coach Gary Patterson says Doug Meacham has not been hired.

@AlexAppleDFW: No word on any contract details with Meacham, but sources confirm that #TCU will hire the former Houston OC.

@FollowtheFrogs: Meacham could be hired soon, but not yet, according to Patterson. Job opened yesterday, closes Friday.

Hmm...

FDqCMNQ.gif

Get Your Frogs Up

Hefley001 said:
You guys will like Doug. We hated to see him go.

Hefley - You got any info on Meacham from observing him at OSU - stuff not in his bio?  I read a couple articles from some Oklahoma writer lobbying for him to get the OC job before Gundy went out and hired Monken.

pgdaly84

sheetman said:
My main issue here is that Houston ranked last nationwide in Time of Possession this year.
That's a pretty meaningless stat. We had the ball longer than OU. I believe we had it more than Ok State too. Doesn't matter if you don't score. I'm sure there will be a happy compromise between CGP's preferred ball control and a more up tempo offense. CGP himself said he was going to reexamine our offensive philosophy. Looks like a great hire to me.

sheetman

Houston Offensive Rankings

Overall:

2012: 81st
2013: 66th

Rush:

2012: 83rd
2013: 84th

Pass:

2012: 95th
2013: 47th

masterfrog

sheetman said:

Overall:

Rush:

Pass:

Meaningless.  They moved up to a BCS conference and we know how tough a transition that can be.

sheetman

masterfrog said:

Meaningless.  They moved up to a BCS conference and we know how tough a transition that can be.

They only played 3 teams all year ranked in the top half of FBS and lost all 3.

sheetman

22 points against Temple, 25 against Memphis, 17 against Cincinnati... hell we would have put up better than those numbers with our current staff. Might as well have stayed put.

Ron Swanson

sheetman said:
22 points against Temple, 25 against Memphis, 17 against Cincinnati... hell we would have put up better than those numbers with our current staff. Might as well have stayed put.
You don't think that our current offensive talent blows away UH's talent, making that kind of comparison ridiculous?

There's probably 2 guys on that whole team that could start for TCU.

Hughes Your Daddy

sheetman said:

Overall:

Rush:

Pass:

What's his swag ranking? Not to knock Patterson's pants hitching or Bump's sweet 'stache, but we're going to need some serious swag if we want to compete in a conference with a coach like Kliffy K.

ausfrog

It is my understanding Meacham was co-offensive coordinator in charge of the passing game.  Bush calls the plays for Houston and coaches the quarter backs.  So, I am not sure of the two which coach did the best job.  We do not know how good a play caller Meacham  will be.

SnoSki

sheetman said:

Yes yes, because there is absolutely no difference in raw offensive talent between UH and TCU this year.