• The KillerFrogs

New OC hired!

tcuseagull

Not to mention Charles Simms ditched them last minute to go play for WVU. Had he stayed at Houston, I have a feeling their offensive statistics would look much better. They were also working with a true-freshman starting at quarterback.

MavAlbert

sheetman said:
About the only thing Houston did well on offense this year was not turning the ball over.

This is the best possible thing for a TCU offense, and a huge sign of cohesive, organized offenses in general. 

narly1

sheetman said:
Houston completions to tight ends in 2013: 0
Since I'm old and slow, my dream to walk on as a college tight end still has a chance with the Frogs since its really a bench warming position.

SnoSki

tcuseagull said:
Not to mention Charles Simms ditched them last minute to go play for WVU. Had he stayed at Houston, I have a feeling their offensive statistics would look much better. They were also working with a true-freshman starting at quarterback.

Sheetman's on a roll..

Get Your Frogs Up

sheetman said:
About the only thing Houston did well on offense this year was not turning the ball over.

We gave up around 105 points off turnovers this year.  I'd be pretty danged excited if we could avoid giving up around 9 points a game in turnovers.

SnoSki

Get Your Frogs Up said:

We gave up around 105 points off turnovers this year.  I'd be pretty damned excited if we could avoid giving up around 9 points a game in turnovers.

Give us 9 points per game back and TCU ends up 8-4 this year, with 1 point loss to LSU and Tech.

FrogGrillz

players give up turnovers, not coaches. 
Coaches play call. 
Each were bad for us this year.
Let us hope that if better OC is instilled, that he will also instill better discipline to the players, so that both turnovers and bad play calling each cease to exist in 2014. 

Get Your Frogs Up

FrogGrillz said:
players give up turnovers, not coaches
Coaches play call. 
Each were bad for us this year.
Let us hope that if better OC is instilled, that he will also instill better discipline to the players, so that both turnovers and bad play calling each cease to exist in 2014. 

I see the bolded part as a contradiction.  Turnovers are going to happen to a certain degree, but most players can be coached to be less prone to turn the ball over.

TX_Krötenechse

Hmm ... could be a good hire. Regardless I am happy just to see new coaches coming in, because it shows how seriously Patterson takes the situation.

Hefley001

Get Your Frogs Up said:

Hefley - You got any info on Meacham from observing him at OSU - stuff not in his bio?  I read a couple articles from some Oklahoma writer lobbying for him to get the OC job before Gundy went out and hired Monken.
A lot of Cowboys wanted Doug to take over as OC. He was our WR/TE Coach. He was a helluva coach that the players gathered around. The players were hoping Doug would take over too. He gets most credit from Poke fans on finding and locking down our great WRs that we've had at Stillwater. Overall a great guy, you guys will be happy. I wouldn't worry about Houstons stats. Those aren't his players and the cupboard was quite bare when he got there in January.

TX_Krötenechse

Hefley001 said:
A lot of Cowboys wanted Doug to take over as OC. He was our WR/TE Coach. He was a helluva coach that the players gathered around. The players were hoping Doug would take over too. He gets most credit from Poke fans on finding and locking down our great WRs that we've had at Stillwater. Overall a great guy, you guys will be happy. I wouldn't worry about Houstons stats. Those aren't his players and the cupboard was quite bare when he got there in January.
Good news. With the athletes we have at WR I think a good coach could make a hell of a difference. Still need o-line and QB coaches though ...

Hefley001

TX_Krötenechse said:
Good news. With the athletes we have at WR I think a good coach could make a hell of a difference. Still need o-line and QB coaches though ...
Doug was an OL that blocked for Thurman Thomas and a fella by the name of Barry Sanders. Just sayin

SnoSki

Hefley001 said:

Excellent review; would read again! A+++++

tcujsauce

Hefley001 said:
I read this and think "maybe we can land that Frank Imanacho kid".

SnoSki

TCU J-Sauce said:
I read this and think "maybe we can land that Frank Imanacho kid".

Just tell him that Meacham once coached Dez Bryant and Justin Blackmon and I think you're golden.