• The KillerFrogs

New OC hired!

Ron Swanson

Westsider said:
All this time I thought Meacham was black. Crazy.

For some reason, I thought Josh Doctson was white until I saw him catch a ball in the LSU game.

Something about Wyoming and the idea that he was walking on made me assume white.

TX_Krötenechse

Ron Swanson said:

For some reason, I thought Josh Doctson was white until I saw him catch a ball in the LSU game.

Something about Wyoming and the idea that he was walking on made me assume white.
I thought Slanina was black until somebody said I was racist for picking him as the freshmen receiver to watch, lol

OmniscienceFrog

ArgyleFrog2010 said:
you guys crack me up... Anderson is not a bad position coach, he's just a bad coordinator. 

is he THE BEST position coach?  no... but to say he needs to go to middle school to "learn his craft" is a little rash, IMO
Can nobody recognize intentional hyperbole?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
blacktiger said:
If Anderson leaves don't you think he will take his current recruits with him? Like Foster, or the TJC kid? Or the Juco from Iowa?  Along with a lot of others.  As some forget he recruited half the defense to make this program & GP better like Drew Coleman, Marvin White, Quincy Butler, Robert Henson.  Not to mention the offensive players; Q Harmon, Lonta Hobbs, Marcus Brock, Luke Shivers, Matthew Tucker, James Dunbar, Wayne Daniels, Justin Watts, Andrew Ward, Stephan Hodge, Corderra Hunter, Quinton Cunnigan, jake Kirkpatrick, & many others you forget about.  You blame the play calling, but maybe the players we currently have didn't perform what they were supposed to do.  I don't think JA told the wr to drop most of the balls.  Luper is the blame on that one.  What about the drug problem, has anyone thought of this counting into the factor?  Hope JA does leave and takes the current recruits too.  Fuente walked in when this program was loaded & didn't recruit anyone, and tried to get out every opportunity to leave.  While others were recruiting he got an agent and got out of here.  Where is he now, I forgot. 
It doesn't really work that way.  Players tend to come to play for a school, not an assistant coach.  There may be some who like that coach so much they come but that would be the exception, not the rule.

I'm  a little confused as to your comments about Fuente.  He came here as RB coach and then moved to OC / QB coach, so he certainly recruited while he was a position coach and one of the perks of being a coordinator is a reduced role in recruiting. However, like most coaches he had an opportunity to become a head coach and took it.  What's wrong with that?  Was he supposed to deny himself a chance at his dream?

JA is a nice guy and  a good recruiter.  That has been well established.  However, if he was a good OC, he would still be calling plays, wouldn't he?  And we might be practicing for a bowl game rather than having this discussion.