Mike Tuaua

pgdaly84

texas_sicilian said:
Vinny...
Tanner...
AJ...
Freeze...

So much drama in the LBC...
Dac Shaw also failed to qualify. He was the same class as Sammy Douglas. We have had very bad luck recruiting LB'ers the last several years. I've been more concerned with the DL than LB or the secondary. I think getting Pierson, Tuaua, and Lathan back will fix it though. And that will help the entire D improve. If we can get those guys back and get some sustained health then I expect the D to be fairly salty when we hit the road for KSU and ISU.

pgdaly84

Road Trip Frog said:
With the exception of the first team all american that just graduated.
That is one guy. He and Mallett were great. Anderson was a converted safety, and we had only Sammy Douglas and true frosh Ty Summers backing them up.

2013: Dac Shaw never qualifies and Whitmill has been a bust for a 4-star.
2012: Hilliard is only LB in the class. Transferred.
2011: Deryck Gildon flunks out and Laderice Sanders washes out.

That's at least 4 guys that could be contributing upperclassmen at LB. We've had terrible luck recruiting LB'ers the last 4 years. Paul Dawson's success doesn't make that untrue.

GlendarrochFrog

pgdaly84 said:
That is one guy. He and Mallett were great. Anderson was a converted safety, and we had only Sammy Douglas and true frosh Ty Summers backing them up.

2013: Dac Shaw never qualifies and Whitmill has been a bust for a 4-star.
2012: Hilliard is only LB in the class. Transferred.
2011: Deryck Gildon flunks out and Laderice Sanders washes out.

That's at least 4 guys that could be contributing upperclassmen at LB. We've had terrible luck recruiting LB'ers the last 4 years. Paul Dawson's success doesn't make that untrue.
Agreed. But it sounds absurd to say we had very bad luck with lbers when we just had the best linebacker in program history graduate.

Frogo

LisaLT said:
I agree with this 1000%. Freeze - even if he rejoined the program - should not start. He should earn his way back into the rotation - not to mention he hasn't practiced in a month. IMO - I can't see this guy coming back - at least this year. We're approaching the half way point of the season soon.

Well, yeah, let's take a vote on it! And then we can send the tally to the Coach to let him know how we feel.

Sorry. Tired. And sarcastic.

talor

Road Trip Frog said:
Agreed. But it sounds absurd to say we had very bad luck with lbers when we just had the best linebacker in program history graduate.
I don't think Daryl Washington just graduated.

FrogSwagSurfin

Frogo said:

Well, yeah, let's take a vote on it! And then we can send the tally to the Coach to let him know how we feel.

Sorry. Tired. And sarcastic.
He knows, oh he knows everyday when he's preparing a 190lbs converted safety and a true freshman safety to be the QBs of his identity. Being a realist he would 100% agree.

Double V

SnoopFrogs11 said:
Well if you know all this can you answer the severity of Tuana's injury in Minnesota game? It would be awesome if he at least played a little on Saturday  to give us a pass rush with Pierson getting close to full capacity. 
Tuauas "injury" was intended as a backup plan in case he got suspended for the year so he could get a medical RS and play next year.

GlendarrochFrog

Double V said:
Tuauas "injury" was intended as a backup plan in case he got suspended for the year so he could get a medical RS and play next year.
The problem with that is that some knew about his injury before the Minnesota game...

GlendarrochFrog

Moose Stuff said:
How is that a problem? Simple solution to that is to say he played and made it worse.
Previous post made it seem that they made up the "injury". All I'm saying is that the injury wasn't made up to get a medical red shirt as a ploy to get out of Keystone-gate.

Double V

Road Trip Frog said:
The problem with that is that some knew about his injury before the Minnesota game...
I don't see the problem. I'm not saying it was made up, just not something so serious it would keep him off the field for several games. In fact, it's a good thing it was discussed before Minny so the people deciding on whether or not to award a medical RS know it's not some made up injury.