• The KillerFrogs

Mike Tuaua

Has anyone heard that Mike Tuaua might be reinstated? Please understand that I have nothing

to substantiate the accuracy of this rumor. Frankly, it seems somewhat unlikely.

TCUdirtbag

Road Trip Frog said:
In the post he just made
On the main pay site there's a similar post -- "I hear maybe they're optimistic the charges may be dropped and he may be back any day" kind of thing -- but it's equally as unfounded / rumor based as OP. I'm assuming that site is where OP saw it and brought it over here.

Point being, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Assume he's gone for good. And even if he's not, he hasn't practiced in nearly a month now.

XIIFrog

MTfrog5 said:
Isn't he hurt even if he returns?
Yes. The assumption is if he gets past this legal stuff then he will get a medical redshirt. I think he pulled a ligament in his leg before the Minnesota game.

LisaLT

If he is a senior this year and ends up earning his degree, and supposing he gets a medical red shirt also, how likely is it he would want to stick around and play another year even if he had the eligibility - after graduation? How would that work? I didn't think he was a likely NFL prospect. 

DickBumpastache

LisaLT said:
If he is a senior this year and ends up earning his degree, and supposing he gets a medical red shirt also, how likely is it he would want to stick around and play another year even if he had the eligibility - after graduation? How would that work? I didn't think he was a likely NFL prospect. 

I think conventional wisdom would be that his draft stock is non-existent right now and he's probably "untouchable"...however, if he plays next season and stays out of trouble, he could probably at least make a practice squad in 2017.

La'el Collins was a projected 1st-rounder and was never charged with anything, but because he was questioned once in connection with a homicide, he didn't get drafted. I think a guy with a felony charge hanging over his head -- who wasn't a great prospect anyway -- will not get the benefit of the doubt.

screetch

DickBumpastache said:

I think conventional wisdom would be that his draft stock is non-existent right now and he's probably "untouchable"...however, if he plays next season and stays out of trouble, he could probably at least make a practice squad in 2017.

La'el Collins was a projected 1st-rounder and was never charged with anything, but because he was questioned once in connection with a homicide, he didn't get drafted. I think a guy with a felony charge hanging over his head -- who wasn't a great prospect anyway -- will not get the benefit of the doubt.
Teams were worried Collins would be going away for murder. Not exactly the same thing.

Moose Stuff

XIIFrog said:
Yes. The assumption is if he gets past this legal stuff then he will get a medical redshirt. I think he pulled a ligament in his leg before the Minnesota game.

Worth noting he played in the Minnesota game.  There is a curious lack of the usual posters with "sources" in this thread.  

GP's Step-Son

If he is cleared, then you plug him in (he played with the injury at Minnesota) because we need the help right now and have a great opportunity THIS YEAR.  He'll provide much needed depth at DE and help us win a natty (no pun intended).

Moose Stuff

Atomic Frawg said:
Pending legal matter.
I'm aware. Point being he sustained this injury prior to the Minnesota game and still played in that game. So if he's cleared I'm assuming he's gonna play now and not take a medical RS.

Atomic Frawg

Moose Stuff said:
I'm aware. Point being he sustained this injury prior to the Minnesota game and still played in that game. So if he's cleared I'm assuming he's gonna play now and not take a medical RS.
And what I'm saying is maybe he was injured, and maybe he wasn't/isn't. Maybe he has a pending legal matter that has kept him off the field. Wouldn't be surprised if once the whole thing gets squashed that - in the name of Jesus - he gets healed and is ready to finish his senior year. That may be why people are quiet in inside news.

B

Backup Waterboy

He also hasn't been practicing so it could take time to get back in game shape