• The KillerFrogs

Mike Tuaua

TCUhornedfrog93

frog-hat said:
If he wants backs and if they allow him back, why not redshirt him?  He'd be eligible wouldn't he having only played against Minny?
I'm not well informed on rules like this, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works... I think percentage of games only applies to medical redshirts. (AKA why GP says he had to "burn" redshirts this year. As in play guys.)

LezzGetFroggy

ThisIsOurTime said:
Jason Verrett also quit the team.  And thank goodness he rejoined.  TCU has also had other situations where players have left the team for various reasons like Casey Pachall and Tommy Blake.  The fact is nobody here has all the facts or is in a position to judge any of them.  We should just leave it at that.  Let's also not forget that Freeze was one who graduated early to come to TCU and so was already doing more than most freshman to begin with.  And if the coaches had not messed up on recruiting and development in the first place, he would have been redshirting and not having to deal with a lot of extra weight thrust on his shoulders,  

Yea this is nothing like any of those instances... 

SwissArmyFrog

TX_Krötenechse said:
I would guess Tuaua will not play this Saturday. If nothing else, he's been away from practice for three weeks, so he will need to get into game shape. But it seems like most of the time when somebody "might" play, they don't.

I expect to see him suited up and on the sidelines a la Listenbee.

If we need him badly enough, even if just to give some other guys a break here and there, he'll play some.  3 weeks out really isn't a terribly long time, and I would imagine he has been working out on his own in anticipation of the possibility of returning to play.  Not saying he's in the best of shape, but if we need him, I'll wager he goes in for whatever time the coaches think he can handle.

talor

LezzGetFroggy said:

Na. FroggyFiveO drives all the hot sorostitutes around campus at night in a limo golf cart. Greatest job there is on campus.

froggyfiveo said:
Few people on this board seem to understand that reference!

I drove for them for like 1.5 years before I moved to Library "security."  Cushy jobs with some great perks and the only drawback was having to freeze your arse off in winter on a golf cart.

FrogSwagSurfin

Verrett quit because he was embarrassed, not because he wanted to play baseball. Additionally Freeze has quit twice, weeks into his freshman year, after starting, and knowing the team would be in trouble if he left. I get throwing in the towel because you think you can't compete but Freeze quit in the worst time possible and left his teammates high and dry. I'd be pissed if I was Howard and Orr, they've had to move positions because of the LB depth issues.

jake102

yeh but Howard may be happy with the chance to move back to WS as a starter and Orr gets to play CB full time. Then OMeally and Mosely can fight it out for CB #2 spot

It's a win win win

LezzGetFroggy

Talor said:

I drove for them for like 1.5 years before I moved to Library "security."  Cushy jobs with some great perks and the only drawback was having to freeze your arse off in winter on a golf cart.
Library security couldn't have sucked, either. There is talent in there at all hours of the day.

GlendarrochFrog

Talor said:

You ever get any action on those things? Asking for a friend.

ThisIsOurTime

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Verrett quit because he was embarrassed, not because he wanted to play baseball. Additionally Freeze has quit twice, weeks into his freshman year, after starting, and knowing the team would be in trouble if he left. I get throwing in the towel because you think you can't compete but Freeze quit in the worst time possible and left his teammates high and dry. I'd be pissed if I was Howard and Orr, they've had to move positions because of the LB depth issues.
GP let the team down by creating this mess in the first place.  The problems at LB have been going on before Freeze got here.  This is the second time in so many years that we have been made thin at LB.  And most of that falls on the coach's shoulders.  Freeze isn't the only LB that has left TCU.  You saw the same thing with A.J. Hilliard.  Another young linebacker.  We also saw a walk-on linebacker in Halsey hang things up after having to put up with a fan base being overly critical of his play after 1 season as a starter.  GP and staff also had all of last year to develop the linebacking corps and instead opted to play Dawson and Mallett without putting in substitutions and not choosing to even get a JUCO or at least another LB in recruiting.  The result a year later was relying on inexperienced and undersized freshman to play linebacker which is a a recipe for disaster.  

ThisIsOurTime said:
GP let the team down by creating this mess in the first place.  The problems at LB have been going on before Freeze got here.  This is the second time in so many years that we have been made thin at LB.  And most of that falls on the coach's shoulders.  Freeze isn't the only LB that has left TCU.  You saw the same thing with A.J. Hilliard.  Another young linebacker.  We also saw a walk-on linebacker in Halsey hang things up after having to put up with a fan base being overly critical of his play after 1 season as a starter.  GP and staff also had all of last year to develop the linebacking corps and instead opted to play Dawson and Mallett without putting in substitutions and not choosing to even get a JUCO or at least another LB in recruiting.  The result a year later was relying on inexperienced and undersized freshman to play linebacker which is a a recipe for disaster.  
Hey MooseNuts

talor

LezzGetFroggy said:
Library security couldn't have sucked, either. There is talent in there at all hours of the day.
The library was great because by the time I took on that gig they got rid of that stupid little desk in the entrance so I just got to enjoy the library like everyone else.  I was being paid to study, books and women, and drink redbull until I got the shakes.

Road Trip Frog said:
You ever get any action on those things? Asking for a friend.
Yeah.  I mean there were some guys that were creeps/weirdos, but if you were normal you got to meet a lot of girls.  I used to crawl in and out of the first floor front window of Colby to visit a certain girl when it was cold.  

Moose Stuff

ThisIsOurTime said:
Good grief.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
If Light-Frost (he doesn't get to be Freeze to me until he is tougher) comes back, let him be the next Next Man Up. But if the current dudes and GP are happy with them where they are, they stay. MHO

Get Your Frogs Up

ThisIsOurTime said:

This comment should be moved to the "GP Needs to Suck It Up" thread.