• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee on ESPN Outside the Lines

Sebastian S

Rewatching it, that really couldn't have gone much worse for Listenbee's case. Every question he was asked, he answered poorly.

It was obvious Kolby didn't come to play school...
classes-are-pointless.png

If he could coherently complete a sentence he maybe more believable.

FrogCop19

It’s funny to hear some of the delusional Baylor fans take on this. They seem to forget about Bryce Petty who played a week after getting concussed and played in the NFL with a plate in his NECK. And I’m not trying to point fingers at Baylor. Playing with injury in football is such a common theme. Kolby actually has one of the weakest reasons to sue. I can think of players off the top of my head, like Petty, who have more of a reason.
Think of the can of worms this opens. Could a player sue a coach for getting injured on a “risky” play that the coach called in a game? Food for thought...

Over there they have many more people approaching this rationally than I thought they would. Most, of course, have the "Patterson is a horrible person, but this is nothing more than a money grab" attitude, but there's a few that are actually making sense. Not many, but there's some out there...

I would say it gives me hope for them, but every time I drive up I-35 to visit family, I'm reminded of the three years in hell I spent in middle school there. It makes me smile to envision the entire city vanishing in a mushroom cloud.

Eight

I still don’t understand why a law firm would have taken this case that lacks merit, especially if contingency.

the firm is a den of parasites who make their living by casting a very wide net in their lawsuits looking for settlements and fees. quick look of their website you can see on their blog page how they operate.

example, they are representing the family of an electrical contractor who was killed in a fire/explosion while doing electrical work at a hotel in houston. among those named in the suit are the various groups that have ownership in the hotel, but also they name reliant energy and center point energy. i was a bit surprised i did not see the descendants of ben franklin and thomas edison named in the suit.

http://www.potts-law.com/blog/

Last edited:

illini_frog

Kolby did just enough to fly under the radar without getting in trouble at TCU, but never exactly had a stellar, team-first attitude. The selfishness that he kept inside enough to survive at TCU is now rearing its ugly head. Anybody who knew him isn't surprised by this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] he's spewing now.

Horned Toad

Is there a player at TCU who hasn’t been cussed out by a TCU coach and told to suck it up?

That was a weekly occurrence for me and I have ZERO problems with it. It taught me something about life.
Man I was on the Judo team and got told to suck it up. I bet ballerinas in a ballet troupe get dog cussed in French and get told to suck it up. That’s life!

netty2424

Just met with a guy who was a career high school head football coach in Oklahoma who has moved into other business ventures now, but we were talking about coaching and how much it's changed. Without knowing I went to TCU, he brought up this KL case and he was disgusted by this lawsuit. He said a few things, but most notable he said "hands down, Gary Patterson is the best coach in the country!"

Felt good to hear an Okie talk about our coach in this manner.

BABYFACE

Hoping an institution like TCU would pay to get rid of this no matter the merrit.

What they did not want was for TCU to put up a fight.

I am coming from a business perspective, not a lawyer’s.

The last thing I would want to do is settle this case, no matter that it would cost me more. I would think long term and I would let all firms know that if they come calling, they better be prepared to go the whole process.
If one was to settle on this particular case, it opens the potential for future unscrupulous cases.

AroundWorldFrog

I am coming from a business perspective, not a lawyer’s.

The last thing I would want to do is settle this case, no matter that it would cost me more. I would think long term and I would let all firms know that if they come calling, they better be prepared to go the whole process.
If one was to settle on this particular case, it opens the potential for future unscrupulous cases.
Lot and lots of free publicity.

H0RNEDFR0G

I would assume the Kolby's representation with the Potts Law firm was pitched as free unless he wins, then they take a huge percentage of the settlement or damages.

But what young Kolby probably doesn't understand is if it goes to trial and he loses, it will not be free. TCU will not be using in-house council. They have already hired outside council McDonald Sanders. As a result, KL won't be able to claim that defending the lawsuit was part of TCU's G & A budget. Defending the lawsuit creates expenses for the University. TCU wisely sought compensation for the their attorneys fees as part of the counter suit asking for a declaratory judgement.

Kolby, this part is for you, if you continue this case on and lose you will owe TCU LOTS of money. This is a stupid game of chicken that you can lose, BIG. TCU probably won't go after the money if you quit now, but the more you try to gain media exposure, the more you do Outside the Line interviews, the more likely TCU is to seek every single penny back and make an example of you. When and/if that happens, your buddy Potts will no longer answer your phone calls.

PO Frog

I would assume the Kolby's representation with the Potts Law firm was pitched as free unless he wins, then they take a huge percentage of the settlement or damages.

But what young Kolby probably doesn't understand is if it goes to trial and he loses, it will not be free. TCU will not be using in-house council. They have already hired outside council McDonald Sanders. As a result, KL won't be able to claim that defending the lawsuit was part of TCU's G & A budget. Defending the lawsuit creates expenses for the University. TCU wisely sought compensation for the their attorneys fees as part of the counter suit asking for a declaratory judgement.

Kolby, this part is for you, if you continue this case on and lose you will owe TCU LOTS of money. This is a stupid game of chicken that you can lose, BIG. TCU probably won't go after the money if you quit now, but the more you try to gain media exposure, the more you do Outside the Line interviews, the more likely TCU is to seek every single penny back and make an example of you. When and/if that happens, your buddy Potts will no longer answer your phone calls.
I explained all of this in a very long post in the other Listenbee thread, but none of this fits with reality.

BABYFACE

I explained all of this in a very long post in the other Listenbee thread, but none of this fits with reality.
So, you think this is all just postering by both sides before a settlement is reached? If so, you may be right. My reasoning is TCU does not want to open the door for future BS suits like this, and thus will fight it. This is a unique case, and probably will be approached that way.

Time will tell how this plays out.

tcumaniac

Kolby did just enough to fly under the radar without getting in trouble at TCU, but never exactly had a stellar, team-first attitude. The selfishness that he kept inside enough to survive at TCU is now rearing its ugly head. Anybody who knew him isn't surprised by this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] he's spewing now.
Long time no see illini... your two quotes in your signature kill me every time. Especially B4P's...

"I never said we would beat them in points...I said we would beat them which we did in most statistical areas"

LMAO

PO Frog

So, you think this is all just postering by both sides before a settlement is reached? If so, you may be right. My reasoning is TCU does not want to open the door for future BS suits like this, and thus will fight it. This is a unique case, and probably will be approached that way.

Time will tell how this plays out.
I'm not necessarily saying that, but it's going to be very expensive to take to trial, and there is close to zero chance KL is going to be on the hook for anyone's attorneys' fees.

jake102

While not always true, a person's social media presence (or lack thereof) can say a LOT. When something like this comes out all the pieces kind of fit.

ifrog

Kolby, you dumb darner.

What a terrible, terrible decision you are making... a decision you’re going to regret for the rest of your life. I almost feel sorry for you.

Also. That attorney can go EAD. Darn that exploitative doosh... preying on the young and naive. No doubt he’s the one that convinced Kolby that this was a good idea. Pisses me off.

Kolby has always been a diva for those of us that have followed him on social media. Quit blaming the attorney.

berryfrog95

Dude shudda just chose Aggie instead of the Frogs if he’s gonna keep acting the fool. I’m out on him and I was on his bandwagon until now