• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee is suing Patterson and B12

TCUdirtbag

Just read TCU’s first amended original petition.

Listenbee didn’t show up for his last medical appointment after the Alamo bowl. Went to train for the combine out of state instead. Had surgeries elsewhere etc. and continued to play.

It’s going to be really hard to pin any medical stuff on TCU given his later choices, combine performance, and medical care. The emotional distress and fraud stuff is a desperate attempt to try and force money out of TCU to settle. Dirty but normal tactic by his attorneys. TCU decided it wasn’t worth burying so they’re fighting. Good for them.

For the record it doesn’t appear TCU “countersued” as has been reported. It appears to me TCU sued first.

The small handful of players supporting him are just naive. They see their friend that got hurt and don’t know/understand the reality of the situation. In some instances they’re just friends being friends the best way they know how.

Judge in Tarrant County case is Susan McCoy, first elected in 2012. A&M undergrad UH law. Ideal to not have a TCU alum on the bench here.

Last edited:

tcufrogprince1

That spring, he competed for TCU’s track team in the NCAA 100-meter championship. So he was so hurt that he decided to run track right after? Calling BS. They dont make you play.

DickBumpastache

1. I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt anything will come of this lawsuit
2. There is no 'conspiracy' involving CDC
3. TBH the first thing that came to my mind was the Ed Wesley incident with the trainer.
4. I think some people’s perspectives on this issue would change if they had a chance to check out a practice. Just one. It's a different world, even compared to other college practices...and I don’t mean from a physical standpoint.

TCURiggs

Not seeing much support for Kolby on the interwebs. A former teammate posted some interesting stuff on the 247 thread, and most former players I've seen comment don't seem to like this.

The more I read and talk to others, I don't think this is going to end well at all for Kolby. If so, it's too bad that he dragged TCU and GP's names through the mud while burning every bridge he had that's tied to this University.

Horny 4 Life

Not seeing much support for Kolby on the interwebs. A former teammate posted some interesting stuff on the 247 thread, and most former players I've seen comment don't seem to like this.

The more I read and talk to others, I don't think this is going to end well at all for Kolby. If so, it's too bad that he dragged TCU and GP's names through the mud while burning every bridge he had that's tied to this University.

Not a 247 subscriber, although that type of gossip/insight might be worth a trial subscription, but it certainly seems like most of the players on social media are not in Kolby's corner on this.

There won't be any "winners" in this, but I agree that Kolby looks to be the biggest loser, based upon the filings I've seen so far.

Froglaw

Why file in county court instead of district court?

Dallas County Courts at Law have unlimited monetary jurisdiction (no damage cap) the same as district courts.

Six person jury which can be advantageous.

Smaller docket in theory. So easier to educate the judge on the facts of the case.

Dallas is one of the few counties that have this system.

Fought for by Dallas Court of Appeals Justice David Evans to increase political fund raising when he was on the CCL trial bench.

I rarely file cases in the CCL system any more.

However, on a complex fact case I can see seeking justice in that system for the right client.

McFroggin

I’ll be starting a Kolby jersey drive. Waco has plenty of whiners with upcoming legal issues that could use clothing that is non-puke colored.