• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Filed An Amended Petition

Wexahu

po frog, thanks for the info, the time, and insight.

i guess my biggest concern about the lawsuit is not the potential consequence to tcu, but college athletics. misdiagnosis happens and if that is the case then i understand the desire to seek compensation.

the danger to me in this lawsuit is not the "this is what did happen to me aspect" in regards to the injury, but the "this is what i could of had if". hawthorne refers to the less than 2% that make the nfl in the podcast, but i would suspect that a far greater number believe that is more of a reality for them when they are recruited. schools use the pitch of we put players in the nfl.

if tcu settles does that set the stage for more former players to seek compensation for a dream never fulfilled?

Exactly. And the only way KL was going to have a significant NFL career was if he could prove he could stay healthy and play through being banged up, which is what virtually every NFL player does. So the fact that he's suing someone for forcing him to play through injury, and claiming it denied him a better career in a field where playing through injury is practically a job requirement is irony at its best.

Eight

hawthorne's comments about kl's behavior in the bills locker room after practice was fairly illuminating and i would think it would not be very hard for tcu to get testimony from multiple players in that locker room would would attest to seeing the same thing.

MAcFroggy

hawthorne's comments about kl's behavior in the bills locker room after practice was fairly illuminating and i would think it would not be very hard for tcu to get testimony from multiple players in that locker room would would attest to seeing the same thing.

Could you summarize what he said?

MTfrog5

Could you summarize what he said?
I will recommend listening to the podcast as there are a ton of great nuggets in there about the situation. To answer your question though he turned into “Michael Jackson” after practice was over and tried to be the locker room clown

Eight

you don't want to listen to wes talk while drinking bourbon at the same time?

if i recall correctly and someone feel free to redirect where i am wrong david and his teammates come into locker room after practice which kl did not participate in due to an injury, kl is dancing around a bit, some players are filming him, and david the old head steps in and squashes the fun and games. david tells kl that if you aren't on the field with the team you aren't going to be part of the fun and games in locker room. kl's response is that he is "almost ready".

david then starts talking about guys who are always "almost ready to play", he also talks about being a pro, and somewhere in there he drops my favorite line about chopping wood.

MTfrog5

you don't want to listen to wes talk while drinking bourbon at the same time?

if i recall correctly and someone feel free to redirect where i am wrong david and his teammates come into locker room after practice which kl did not participate in due to an injury, kl is dancing around a bit, some players are filming him, and david the old head steps in and squashes the fun and games. david tells kl that if you aren't on the field with the team you aren't going to be part of the fun and games in locker room. kl's response is that he is "almost ready".

david then starts talking about guys who are always "almost ready to play", he also talks about being a pro, and somewhere in there he drops my favorite line about chopping wood.
You can tell he played in the era where Patterson used the “bring a lunch pale” to practice work than a few times

Eight

You can tell he played in the era where Patterson used the “bring a lunch pale” to practice work than a few times

really enjoyed him talking about going door to door visiting small businesses getting his professional life after the nfl off the ground. story about the one store was funny, but the same habits he learned at home with mom the warden, got reinforced at tcu, and then played out in the nfl are those he is now applying in the next phase of his life.

in all honesty, when i think about it, david is the type of guy every current, future, and possible frog needs to know about.