• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Filed An Amended Petition

Froglaw

Filed earlier today.

I am paraphrasing the allegations except where noted below. I do not have an opinion on the examples alleged in the Plaintiff's First Amended Petition (PFAP). However, again, looking at Patterson's and TCU's past handling of player's injuries, I have my personal doubts as to the veracity of the allegations.

Listenbee is alleging that TCU/Patterson has a system wherein player's injuries/interests have been ignored in the past and that injured players are threatened with losing their positions on the team.

The allegations fly into the face of the well publicized cases of Pachal and Trevon where the team's success was placed behind the personal needs of a single player.

None of the Defendants have filed a written answer to the lawsuit (20 days Monday next from the date of service is the deadline).

While I do not think that the allegations rise to a level that would entitle Kolby to a monetary recovery, it is clear that TCU is going to receive a few punches to the head that might result in a perceived black eye for those who are cheering for our football program to fail.

Examples in the Amended Petition:

Lonta Hobbs (PTSD after a car accident).
Ed Wesley (SMU game concussion and the argument on the sideline between CGP and Dr. Haraldson).
David Johnson (sprained ankle).
Stansly Maponga (CGP reported to the NFL that he had a poor work ethic and was soft after announcing he was going to the NFL after his junior year).
Cameron White (concussion).

"Upon information and belief, Defendant Patterson, Meacham, Burns, and several other members of the TCU coaching staff pressured, harassed, abused, and humiliated many injured football players in hopes that such manipulation would pressure the player to return to the field before being fully healed and despite not fully understanding the severity of the damage the player may suffer if he returned to play. This manipulative system was well known to Defendant TCU, TCU Board of Trustees, and Del Conte."

The PFAP is online and available for reading.

Wexahu

I don't see anything, at least in what you wrote, that changes my opinion at all or makes me think things might have been worse than once thought.

This is still a ridiculous lawsuit IMO. KL ran a sub 4.4 forty and passed all his pre-draft NFL physicals (that is WHY he was drafted) after all this supposedly happened.

As for Maponga, I have no idea what GP said, but if a kid does in fact have a poor work ethic and is soft, is it illegal for a coach to indicate that to his peers in the NFL? What's he supposed to say, that he's tough as nails and plays through injuries? Wouldn't that kind of be ironic since he's getting sued for making a kid play through injuries? We're talking some seriously slippery slope stuff here.

BABYFACE

I wonder why his lawyer hasn’t filed suit against the NFL? There is 100x pressure to play thru minor injuries in the NFL than CFB. The non stars do it because they know will be cut.

Eight

189uy3hqsqnvijpg.jpg

didn't stop the texans from pissing away a draft pick on sam montgomery

BABYFACE

Filed earlier today.

"Upon information and belief, Defendant Patterson, Meacham, Burns, and several other members of the TCU coaching staff pressured, harassed, abused, and humiliated many injured football players in hopes that such manipulation would pressure the player to return to the field before being fully healed and despite not fully understanding the severity of the damage the player may suffer if he returned to play. This manipulative system was well known to Defendant TCU, TCU Board of Trustees, and Del Conte."

This part is complete BS on their part. I lost count on the number of players over the GP era that had medically retired due to concussions. TCU cannot force a player to play, and they sure can’t if they haven’t been cleared. TCU hasn’t showed a history to support the allegations.

I said it once before. Listenbee was on the field his senior year playing thru minor injuries because he to be selected in the NFL draft. There is nothing the coaching staff could have said to him that was more motivating than his ambition to play in the NFL. This smells of a of someone giving KL bad advice.

MTfrog5

In the case of Stanley. I have no ide what’s true as I wasn’t there, but it’s called credibility which is something Patterson has with scouts. He isn’t going to lie for a player and have that player disprove everything Patterson told the scouts. The the scouts won’t trust a word he says about the next guy that they are looking at drafting. Real world sucks. These scouts looked at you Kolby because of hard truths Patterson told about previous borderline players.

Last edited:

Chongo94

189uy3hqsqnvijpg.jpg

didn't stop the texans from pissing away a draft pick on sam montgomery

How did you find that picture?

Are things like this admissible for TCU's defense or would they say apples to oranges considering it's a different school and staff? Would lawyers even spend time looking for things like this? Eight seemed to easily find links and this picture which would diminish Listenbee's case in my opinion.....but I'm not a scheming attorney (no offense attorneys)...don't want y'all suing me.

MTfrog5

Are things like this admissible for TCU's defense or would they say apples to oranges considering it's a different school and staff? Would lawyers even spend time looking for things like this? Eight seemed to easily find links and this picture which would diminish Listenbee's case in my opinion.....but I'm not a scheming attorney (no offense attorneys)...don't want y'all suing me.
Was from a couple years ago at the LSU pro day I believe. I was looking for that pic as well but Eight beat me to it

Eight

that picture is legendary in houston when you start talking rick smith draft failures. sam montgomery was a third round pick of the texans and got released mid-season for an undisclosed rules violation. the only reason he made the roster is he was a 3rd round pick and smith would not cut one of his early picks no matter how [ Finebaum ]ty.

not an attorney either and i have no freaking clue what the strategy here is including a guy like maponga and cam white who was medically discharged from tcu. guess trying to force a settlement.

jake102

That's the confusing part.

You know he discussed this with them or at least talked about it.

Will they support him if asked about the situation?

Yeh I guess I am now curious if Green, Doctson and Gray are still very pro-TCU. Wonder if they show up to pro day..... I saw Green at a game this past season.

Chongo94

I’m going to sue my middle school coach for harassment. I lost my starting job because I missed practice for two days for being sick. Screw that guy. I would probably be in the NFL if I wasn’t treated so poorly

My high school soccer coach had two day tryouts, you had to be there for both days, especially the second day. Dude wouldn't even take after school tutoring as a reason to miss.