• The KillerFrogs

Kliff Kingsbury fired?!

Brog

SAN ANTONIO — According to KENS 5 Sports Director Joe Reinagel, New Braunfels High School product Kliff Kingsbury is no longer the head coach at Texas Tech.

The San Antonio native spent six seasons in Lubbock, where he accrued a 35-40 record. In 2013, Kingsbury started his head coaching career with an 8-5 mark, but since then he has yet to earn more than seven wins in a season and has never won more than four games during a Big 12 conference schedule.

HFrog1999

tenor.gif

TCUdirtbag

He’ll probably get fired. But everyone “breaking” the story is pointing to a single tweet from a local news reporter for CBS San Antonio citing unnamed “sources.” No other reporter has confirmed as of now. I find it hard to believe this rando dude in SA has better access or sources than anyone in Lubbock or DFW.

Say what you will about Tech, but Hocutt is a good dude. I bet that’s a conversation he’ll have with Kliff in person. Maybe tonight. Maybe tomorrow. But he’s not the kind of guy to fire a coach in the hotel lobby or on the tarmac.

Chongo94

He’ll probably get fired. But everyone “breaking” the story is pointing to a single tweet from a local news reporter for CBS San Antonio citing unnamed “sources.” No other reporter has confirmed as of now. I find it hard to believe this rando dude in SA has better access or sources than anyone in Lubbock or DFW.

Say what you will about Tech, but Hocutt is a good dude. I bet that’s a conversation he’ll have with Kliff in person. Maybe tonight. Maybe tomorrow. But he’s not the kind of guy to fire a coach in the hotel lobby or on the tarmac.

Some players have apparently already tweeted how they will miss Kingsbury so it’s looking like there’s some smoke but who knows.

ifrog

Hocutt can go play in traffic. That dude was worthless on the CFP committee

Mean Purple

That dude is the Forest Gump of journalism. Shows up in pretty much every article now.