• The KillerFrogs

Kliff Kingsbury fired?!

Frogenstein

Unless Tech pays Leach the full contract upfront he would be crazy to go back there. Look how they treated him the last go around. Tech’s legal argument was that as a state institution they couldn’t be sued so the contract was unenforceable on his end. And yes, I know it is a new administration in Lubbock but I just don’t see how he could be comfortable there. I bet he has no intention of returning but is just looking for a raise/extension or to get his name out there as a candidate for other jobs. But what do I know, they will probably announce his hiring tomorrow.

TCUdirtbag

Not sure that’s true

I doubt they get him but I’ve heard that there is a legitimate possibility that they will try to get him.

There are probably some monied boosters with interest. But the university admin would fire Hocutt before they let him hire Leach. “Ugly” doesn’t begin to describe how bad the university’s relationship is with Leach.

DickBumpastache

I think Kliff got a raw deal just because of the insane amount of QB injuries he had to deal with over his entire tenure. I can't think of any program that had worse luck over the last 5-6 years. However there were many things he could've handled better, especially early on...Mayfield is at the top of that list.

Haven't heard the details of the buyout but with the $$ Kilff was making, wouldn't surprise me at all if they hired someone like Littrell who they could probably lowball.

Double V

If Tech doesn't get Neal Brown, they scheissed up. Fits the system, can make an immediate impact, knows how to be a HEAD coach (not just an OC). I hope they dont get him.