• The KillerFrogs

Justin Manning

rM3panno

Unfortunately about 1/2 the team tweets and re-tweets stuff that makes you wish you hadn't read it. That being said, every team is the same.

Yea, I don't know why I'm surprised. Sometimes I feel like a really old man (I'm all of 27) and want to tell these guys how bad, public, and relatively permanent social media "opinions" can be.

tcuseagull

Has anyone else taken a glance at his twitter posts...I find it a little odd how openly he retweets pro-marijuana posts. Seems like that may be sensitive subject with GMFP and staff.

After reading this I decided to take a peak at his twitter. Not to be a negative nancy, but I am now less confident that he picks TCU. He retweets some TCU stuff, but its mostly Aggie and OU. More importantly TCU commit Bryson Burnett tweeted at him asking if he was watching the thanksgiving game to which he replied no and asked if "yall" were winning. Doesn't sound like someone who sees themselves becoming a part of the team. Hopefully I'm reading way too much into this and will be proven wrong next Friday. Beating UT was big, but beating OU may be huge for our recruiting to finish up this class and start off by impressing the 2014 class. God I hope we win on Saturday.....big game for the perception of our program.

GregTheFrog

It's kind of hilarious how some folks here get all atwitter and frothed up over recruits that express casual interest in Tcu but who really never ever had TCU as their leader in recruiting.

Manning is an OU commit and always has been. He doesn't even follow TCU games, but he religiously watches OU and A&M games. He made a few courtesy visits to TCU games but was only mildly interested into the first place. The game he visited at TCU (Kansas st game) was a disaster for TCU recruiting and manning left TCU very very unimpressed.

His entire family wants OU and he does to. He is telling his coaches it is 99% certain it is Ou. TCU was never in this race, no matter what you hear on this board.

And for some bizarre reason I can't explain, Billings is a heavy UT lean with Baylor now his second choice. Baylor overtook TCU forn2 nd place with billings after TCU lost to KSU and baylor had their amazing win vs KSU. Billings was at the baylor KSU gamemandmhe nearly committed to bayloron the spot. He was whooping it up with the baylor players after the KSU Baylor game and he is really excited about Baylor, but for a reason that defies all logic he is still most likely a UT commit. TCU is in 3 rd place now with billings and is essentially out of it with him.

Frog coaches searching the country for either a JC Def tackle, or some Current commit who might be willing to switch. Coaches are still going thru the motions, but have now basically given up on both billings and manning.

Mike Mitchell of Plano Christain Academy is in the process of picking between A&M and Ohio St. Looks like its going to be Ohio st. He and his Dad recently were gushing over Osu's undefeated season.

LB Duke Riley is within a few days of committing to Tulane of all things.

At LB Tcu is probably all the way down to a guy named Chad Whitener, who originally was # 12 or 13 on the LB priority list but is now probably # 1 now that there is nobody else on the list at this point.

Look formtcu to offer Whitener in late Dec and he will commit immediately because all his other offers are from WAC and Swac teams (other than his CAL offer which he no longer wants).

TCU will finish this class just 2 more recruits and will be with LB Whitener, and the no-name WR who only has an offer from University of North Texas.

Hopefully next yrs recruiting class will live up to Big 12 standards cuz this one does not.

GregTheFrog

It's kind of hilarious how some folks here get all atwitter and frothed up over recruits that express casual interest in Tcu but who really never ever had TCU as their leader in recruiting.

Manning is an OU commit and always has been. He doesn't even follow TCU games, but he religiously watches OU and A&M games. He made a few courtesy visits to TCU games but was only mildly interested into the first place. The game he visited at TCU (Kansas st game) was a disaster for TCU recruiting and manning left TCU very very unimpressed.

His entire family wants OU and he does to. He is telling his coaches it is 99% certain it is Ou. TCU was never in this race, no matter what you hear on this board.

And for some bizarre reason I can't explain, Billings is a heavy UT lean with Baylor now his second choice. Baylor overtook TCU forn2 nd place with billings after TCU lost to KSU and baylor had their amazing win vs KSU. Billings was at the baylor KSU gamemandmhe nearly committed to bayloron the spot. He was whooping it up with the baylor players after the KSU Baylor game and he is really excited about Baylor, but for a reason that defies all logic he is still most likely a UT commit. TCU is in 3 rd place now with billings and is essentially out of it with him.

Frog coaches searching the country for either a JC Def tackle, or some Current commit who might be willing to switch. Coaches are still going thru the motions, but have now basically given up on both billings and manning.

Mike Mitchell of Plano Christain Academy is in the process of picking between A&M and Ohio St. Looks like its going to be Ohio st. He and his Dad recently were gushing over Osu's undefeated season.

At LB Tcu is probably all the way down to a guy named Chad Whitener, who originally was # 12 or 13 on the LB priority list but is now probably # 1 now that there is nobody else on the list at this point.

Look for TCU to offer Whitener in late Dec and he will commit immediately because all his other offers are from WAC and Swac teams (other than his CAL offer which he no longer wants).

TCU will finish this class just 2 more recruits and will be with LB Whitener, and the no-name WR who only has an offer from University of North Texas.

Hopefully next yrs recruiting class will live up to Big 12 standards cuz this one does not.

GregTheFrog

Look for TCU to offer Whitener in late Dec and he will commit immediately because all his other offers are from WAC and Swac teams (other than his CAL offer which he no longer wants).

Froggle Rock

big%20dwight.gif

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus

Well I see that as a good thing. We win with players who are not of that magical standard but do so because we have a coach who is better than whatever bar you think is set at the Big 12 level.

cdsfrog

pretty much everything AA said was crap except about this year's class. Definitely not up to par versus last few classes. Drug bust and first year in conference hurt us. I bet 2014 is a great class though and we still may snag a couple big guys this year

Zammers

pretty much everything AA said was crap except about this year's class. Definitely not up to par versus last few classes. Drug bust and first year in conference hurt us. I bet 2014 is a great class though and we still may snag a couple big guys this year

I completely disagree with this statement

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
How bout you post why?

Not speaking for Zammers as he may differ, but you look at this class and what they have and continue to accomplish in HS you realize that these kids are all highly-underrated. Everyone who watches Trevorris Jackson play walks away amazed, a bruising runner with 4.5 speed and is just a workhorse to boot. Joseph Noteboom and Patrick Morris have been dominate on their respective teams and many, including UT have tried to lure them away but they have said no thanks, staying with TCU. George Baltimore is just a great athlete and when they tried him on offense for a few games he played big, kid is going to be a great one. Wesley & Texada have shut down some of the best receivers in the state including Torii Jr. Charlie Reid was a pass-catching machine and best offensive weapon on the state champs, yes over the RB. Paul Whitmill was highly rated until the TCU commit but that aside he had a spectacular career and Dac Shaw was the best LB in East Texas, easily. I could go on, but this is one great class.

TCURiggs

Not speaking for Zammers as he may differ, but you look at this class and what they have and continue to accomplish in HS you realize that these kids are all highly-underrated. Everyone who watches Trevorris Jackson play walks away amazed, a bruising runner with 4.5 speed and is just a workhorse to boot. Joseph Noteboom and Patrick Morris have been dominate on their respective teams and many, including UT have tried to lure them away but they have said no thanks, staying with TCU. George Baltimore is just a great athlete and when they tried him on offense for a few games he played big, kid is going to be a great one. Wesley & Texada have shut down some of the best receivers in the state including Torii Jr. Charlie Reid was a pass-catching machine and best offensive weapon on the state champs, yes over the RB. Paul Whitmill was highly rated until the TCU commit but that aside he had a spectacular career and Dac Shaw was the best LB in East Texas, easily. I could go on, but this is one great class.

That's more like it, feisty. More that, less dickery

mark32

AA- please email Mr. Douglas, who only has 168 tackles on the season what you think of this class. I think that will turn out well for you.

cdsfrog

Great in relation to what. Compare this to the top 10 classes and let me know how it looks.

Then compare it to the last few classes. Lots of hidden gems in the class and individually I like each player alot. People get defensive when they hear the class is ranked 9th in the big 12. It's a reality.

Personally I think it's bullcrap, I would take our 9th ranked class in the big 12 over most of the teams in the conference. Thank being said I don't think it's #1 and if we can start recruiting the top end players with GP's ability to assess talent better than anyone I genuinely believe we can legitimately have the best class in the conference every single year.

For the record Feisty I love the context you provided, it just shows how damn good our talent evaluation really is. Thanks!