• The KillerFrogs

Justin Manning

bouttmk

He's a defensive lineman. His best shot at being a first round draft pick is to play for Gary Patterson. His best shot at a national championship is a tossup between OU and TCU.

tcujsauce

He's a defensive lineman. His best shot at being a first round draft pick is to play for Gary Patterson. His best shot at a national championship is a tossup between OU and TCU.

I think the game this weekend might play a decent sized role in the choice.

SoonerBredCD

How so? Bob has done pretty well in this category too. Come to think of it, OU and A$M have both had 1st round defensive lineman drafted in the last few years. Has Patterson? I honestly don't know.

The fact that Manning will announce this Friday was first tweeted by a writer from an Aggie recruiting site, FWIW.

***Edited because I apparently can't read today***

SoonerBredCD

The fact that Manning will announce this Friday was first tweeted by a writer from an Aggie recruiting site, FWIW.

In my opinion, if he were choosing OU or TCU, he would wait until after the game is played...just to make sure he has all of the necessary info and perspective on those two teams.

Since he is announcing before the TCU vs. OU game, A&M makes the most sense because TCU and OU are not in play, so to speak.

As always, though, nothing is set in stone until a kid signs his LOI.

He's announcing Dec 7.

leofrog

In my opinion, if he were choosing OU or TCU, he would wait until after the game is played...just to make sure he has all of the necessary info and perspective on those two teams.

Since he is announcing before the TCU vs. OU game, A&M makes the most sense because TCU and OU are not in play, so to speak.

December 7th (when he's announcing) is after December 1st (when OU plays TCU).

An-Cap Frog

How so? Bob has done pretty well in this category too. Come to think of it, OU and A$M have both had 1st round defensive lineman drafted in the last few years. Has Patterson? I honestly don't know.

According to NFL.com the last time for each school was:

OU - 2010 - Gerald McCoy DT
TCU - 2010 - Jerry Hughes DE
A&M - 2003 - Ty Warren DE

I guess Von Miller counted as a LBer...

talor

fozzie-facepalm.gif

TX_Krötenechse

If I were he, I'd go to TCU. At TCU, he can redshirt his first year under Maponga and Fields and earn a spot alongside another fantastic DE. He'd get the great coaching and development that Patterson brings and the chance to work with some of the best DEs in the country, one of whom might end up being THE best in the country by the time he's a senior.

froginaustin

If I were he, I'd go to TCU. At TCU, he can redshirt his first year under Maponga and Fields and earn a spot alongside another fantastic DE. He'd get the great coaching and development that Patterson brings and the chance to work with some of the best DEs in the country, one of whom might end up being THE best in the country by the time he's a senior.

Anyone that can't work his way into the lineup his first year by all means redshirt.

But Manning might see significant time his first year, even if he did not start.

Manning might be good enough that he would leave early for the NFL, although that seems to be tougher for linemen to do than for backs and receivers. So a redshirt year might turn out to be a wasted year.