• The KillerFrogs

Jumper at the Grandmarc?

LaxFrog3

As a current TCU student I knew the guy and he was very well liked by the TCU community.. He made a mistake for the hazing accident and knowed he messed up.. he is in a better place now.. it’s really hard time for our community and we know god is watching over us and will make sure that it will all work out

robbroyy

I know more than I should probably say, but TCU might get some flack for this one. Kid should have been at home with his parents is all I will say.
Either tell what you know without revealing names or delete post. The vague posts really don’t help a situation like this.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU 360 posted this:

Image-4-324x235.jpg

Fort Worth Police respond to death of student

By Carolina Olivares
October 25, 2018

Fort Worth Police responded to the death of a student outside of GrandMarc at Westberry Place.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Good gosh, a college-aged man died by suicide today. It's a freaking tragedy. Have some basic human decency -- the title of this thread, too, is just so dehumanizing and wrong.

For once (a very rare occurrence) we should applaud the FWST for their discretion for at least these first hours to let family and friends learn of the tragedy and begin to grieve. I urge you and everyone else to follow suit.

Well said.

We have a young life that is been taken from us and grieving parents who are searching for answers. Please show some respect

BoondocksFrog

I never joined a frat. Never had any desire to. Never have I once regretted it. I do fine in my career and many of my connections are through TCU. I don't knock anyone for joining one but it's sad that some feel they have to be a part of the Greek system to 1) find a sense of belonging and 2) have success in the real world. I admit, some of the connections probably make things easier along the way but what's the joy in success if there's not a few bumps in the road?

Didn’t get a bid, huh? All joking aside, you probably aren’t the most reliable source as to why people join fraternities. In reality, freshmen join fraternities for the parties, tailgates, and ability to meet sorority girls.

HToady

Good gosh, a college-aged man died by suicide today. It's a freaking tragedy. Have some basic human decency -- the title of this thread, too, is just so dehumanizing and wrong.

For once (a very rare occurrence) we should applaud the FWST for their discretion for at least these first hours to let family and friends learn of the tragedy and begin to grieve. I urge you and everyone else to follow suit.
I live in the neighborhood where all of a sudden I hear a bunch of police sirens, and watch TCU and FWPD leave a meeting abruptly, I hear a rumor, but have to go to Killerfrogs to find out what's going on? Not being insensitive, a lot goes on around here. TCU 360 had no problem reporting it, but I expect the FWST to report on issues in my community. Not looking for the gory details, just whether or not I should lock my doors....not too much to ask.

Brog

What did he do? And maybe I’m misunderstanding his comment but if he feels TCU will get criticism for not handling a potentially suicidal student properly wouldn’t expelling him make it even worse?

Watch for Big Steaming Pile's article on this tragedy.

Salfrog

Tier 1
So sad for the student. Hate for young people, or anyone for that matter, to believe this is the only way out of a situation. There is/are other solutions to get through lifes challenges, and mistakes. Prayers to his family.

On another note, Muck is probably going to write an article about how GP should have known about this and how Boschini needs to discipline GP.

Brog

A Texas Christian University student who was arrested on hazing charges last month was found dead on the Fort Worth campus Thursday.

Andrew Walker, 19, of Westford, Mass., was found on a sidewalk in the 3000 block of Greene Avenue just before 6 p.m., according to the Tarrant County medical examiner's office, which had not ruled on the cause of his death as of early Friday.

In a campuswide email, TCU vice chancellor Kathy Cavins-Tull said Fort Worth police had responded to an emergency call at the GrandMarc apartments Thursday evening. There was a loss of life, she said, but authorities did not suspect foul play. From Dallas Morning News