• The KillerFrogs

Jumper at the Grandmarc?

Eight

I live in the neighborhood where all of a sudden I hear a bunch of police sirens, and watch TCU and FWPD leave a meeting abruptly, I hear a rumor, but have to go to Killerfrogs to find out what's going on? Not being insensitive, a lot goes on around here. TCU 360 had no problem reporting it, but I expect the FWST to report on issues in my community. Not looking for the gory details, just whether or not I should lock my doors....not too much to ask.

all their reporters are tied up investigating what a janitor at sadler hall might or might not have heard someone they didn't not might or might not have said about what patterson might or might not have known about something that might or might not have happened

sounds crazy on my part, but consider the amount of resources thrown at the turpin story over speculation instead of focusing on subjects that truly matter

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
What did he do? And maybe I’m misunderstanding his comment but if he feels TCU will get criticism for not handling a potentially suicidal student properly wouldn’t expelling him make it even worse?
Yes it would and you are correct.

It's just my $.02, but I think we should stop all speculation about this incident until all the facts are known. Right now, we know nothing.

My thoughts are with the grieving parents. I have no idea if they read this site or not. They may, or their friends might and I would hate for them to read a bunch of speculation and unfounded rumors on this site.

Let's rise to the top, take the high road and keep it respectful please

tcumaniac

Student has been identified. Goodness. This is so, so awful.

https://www.tcu360.com/2018/10/fort-worth-police-respond-to-death-of-student/

17991238_1475985689134415_6536850105042206466_n.jpg

Deep Purple

Just for clarification, TCU does not own the Grandmarc but does own the land it sits on. It is considered on-campus housing. The company that owns the building operates it under contract to TCU, so the university does have some say in operations.

I don't know, but I suspect TCU didn't expel the student because the university was working its way through due process. While a student is still enrolled, TCU still has some power to compel cooperation in the investigation and adjudication. Once a student is separated from TCU, that ends any university control.

HToady

There have been at least 3 suicides and 1 murder at the Grandmarc, that I am aware of. Not a very good record IMO....

I guess Chongo deleted his post but I thought it was a worthy point.

Trying not to speculate but I wonder if there was angst among his fraternity for doing this with another. I could easily see some bullying but hopefully not to the point where a kid takes his own life. That's just a weird point of the story.

Moose Stuff

Trying not to speculate but I wonder if there was angst among his fraternity for doing this with another. I could easily see some bullying but hopefully not to the point where a kid takes his own life. That's just a weird point of the story.

I’ve sidetracked the only part of the story that matters already so don’t intend continue down that path. Definitely an unusual chain of events and I’ll leave it at that.

Chongo94

I did because I thought it was similar to yours so no need to clutter up the thread with a similar post but I’ll ask again if it helps someone clear up any confusion in some way...

I asked, “So he was a Sig Ep repledging Kappa Sig? Or he was a Sig Ep helping Kappa Sig haze Kappa Sig pledges? I’m confused...”

Either way it’s a terrible story. Feel for everyone involved.

froginmn

This part of the story confused me as well. Written as though he was formerly a Sig Ep pledge, but he was the one hazing another fraternity's pledges. Definitely a strange aspect.

Regardless, though, this is tragic and it doesn't matter what the answer is to that particular question.