• The KillerFrogs

Jumper at the Grandmarc?

frogs9497

I’ll probably regret posting this (which is not a defense of his actions), but if I had been in his situation, I couldn’t help but feel somewhat singled out for behavior not all that uncommon on campuses across the country, behavior that usually goes unpunished. I have no doubt he and the other kid were not the only participants. He ends up getting arrested, has his mugshot in the newspaper, probably is the subject of many conversations on campus, has looming legal battles, looming battles with the Admin, and his family is surely upset and disappointed . And he’s far from home. I’m not trying to speculate as to his mental state, only imagining how I might have felt in his shoes. So unfortunate. Life can change so quickly.

HToady

He ends up getting arrested, has his mugshot in the newspaper, probably is the subject of many conversations on campus, has looming legal battles, looming battles with the Admin, and his family is surely upset and disappointed . And he’s far from home. I’m not trying to speculate as to his mental state, only imagining how I might have felt in his shoes. So unfortunate. Life can change so quickly.
This is when, as a parent, you withdraw your kid from school and bring him home. In the grand scheme of things, TCU would probably have allowed him to withdraw, probably looking at a misdemeanor charge with a fine and maybe probation.
Go Home. Pay your fine, enroll in Boston College. 5 years down the road your an overcoming success. Instead you have given sorrow to your parents, siblings, and friends, for the rest of their lives.
But I guess 19 year olds can't see the big picture.....