• The KillerFrogs

I'm Officially Done With Big Mac

pachall13

Ok, you guys need to seriously relax, he didn't bash the program one bit, he gave a serious but honest answer, no he is not trying boost his draft grade. And if you don't think for one second that he doesn't live with the guilt of what he did everyday you have no sense of anything, this young man has changed his life for the better, I can tell you that for a fact, do remember his family still gets on here bc we support TCU, we always will, his parents are even getting season tickets this year just so they can support the frogs. And if you are wondering who this is, I'm his brother, I've read the garbage you guys have put on here for the past two years, you care nothing about his life,coach Patterson does, you would want Casey to get drunk every night as long as you are winning huh? He has changed, so please watch your comments on here

TronCarter

texas_sicilian said:
Creates fodder like this:
Yikes. RT @Jake_Trotter: QB Casey Pachall crushes TCU program: "It's rough right now. There is zero leadership." sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/mac-engel/2014
4:52pm - 24 Feb 14

Trotter kind of sucks.

Boomhauer

pachall13 said:
Ok, you guys need to seriously relax, he didn't bash the program one bit, he gave a serious but honest answer, no he is not trying boost his draft grade. And if you don't think for one second that he doesn't live with the guilt of what he did everyday you have no sense of anything, this young man has changed his life for the better, I can tell you that for a fact, do remember his family still gets on here bc we support TCU, we always will, his parents are even getting season tickets this year just so they can support the frogs. And if you are wondering who this is, I'm his brother, I've read the garbage you guys have put on here for the past two years, you care nothing about his life,coach Patterson does, you would want Casey to get drunk every night as long as you are winning huh? He has changed, so please watch your comments on here

Ignore the negative posts, every message board has them and they are usually the minority.  I personally will be rooting for Casey to make it in the NFL as well as in life.  Tell him most of us wish him the best of luck and are glad to see he's turned his life around. 

Big Frog II

I believe Casey was stating what Gary has been saying the last year that no one has stepped up to be a leader like we have had in the past.  Of course Trotter has taken things out of context.  The lack of leadership refers to the players not the coaches, but heaven help a sportswriter looking for a "tweet" to figure that out.

jake102

pachall13 said:

You need to realize that most people support Casey. Some definitely don't, but most do. 

How's Casey doing? Any interest from teams? Really hoping he gets a shot

pachall13

I, we, appreciate they positive posts, he has endured Hell but never gives up, and yes he stays close to his teammate and he loves them as well as TCU, he knows he screwed up, but he had done something about it, whether he us drafted or not Coach Patterson, I believe, saved his life. Coach P sacrificed wins abd a big 12 championship for my brothers well being, we are grateful for that everyday

Horned Toad

pachall13 said:
P13,

There are a couple dozen knuckleheads on this site so don't let those negative few reflect the feelings of the majority of the hundreds of Frog fans and supporters who are also on this site who support Casey. I wish Casey well with his future and hope he proves the doubters wrong and goes on to a great NFL career. Tell him thank you for his contributions. Although we all wish he'd taken a different route we are all glad he's now got his life going in the right direction. Hopefully he continues to prove what it is to be Frog. He still has a great story yet to be written.

jake102

pachall13 said:
I, we, appreciate they positive posts, he has endured Hell but never gives up, and yes he stays close to his teammate and he loves them as well as TCU, he knows he screwed up, but he had done something about it, whether he us drafted or not Coach Patterson, I believe, saved his life. Coach P sacrificed wins abd a big 12 championship for my brothers well being, we are grateful for that everyday

I hope Casey always supports TCU, it would be great to have him around. He's a great story... not only his personal story, but the way Patterson helped him in his life. 

Tell him to work hard and he will get a shot at the league. He's got the arm

Purp

Casey didn't say anything in this interview that Patterson hasn't said in interviews for two years. In fact, I bet Casey merely regurgitated GP's favorite team critique in the locker room to the team. He didn't break any new ground here and I don't think he threw the team under the bus. His only mistake was granting the interview to Macnugget.

Mac's diurnal garbage seems to relish every opportunity available to portray the Frogs in a negative light.

If the Startle-Gram is considered to be TCU's hometown newspaper….God help us!

tcudoc

I hope he does well. I stand by my statement that it was poorly thought out to grant the interview to someone who twists things to the negative and then to provide fuel for him to do that. As expected, it got negative attention. No big surprise.
Make no mistake though, I wish him well. I have not been a basher. I just called this interview as a terrible decision that comes as a culmination of a couple of years of largely negative press concerning about TCU.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Rolex said:

I think he lacks the leadership qualities to be an all-pro.  Not bashing - just being serious and honest.
Isn't that the takeaway from this interview, not that the team needs a leader, all do, but that Casey didn't take it upon himself to step up and be the leader? How much more of a damning comment could he have made about himself in the eyes of the NFL scouts?

texas_sicilian

I mentioned this before, there are a few leaders emerging on the team, e.g. Kindred and Hunter on D, and Greene/Doctson on O.

That said, w/o a solid QB anchor in '14, it's going to be challenging for our offense to have a sense of identity. I fear that we're going to let tryouts bleed into the regular season. I hope that I'm wrong.

tcuwags

My issue is with Mac. Just doesn't seem to look for the positive things with TCU.
Good luck to Casey. We will always support him.
Go Frogs!

steelfrog

Tier 1
Opintel said:
Where's a good place for a sensitive Horned Frog fan, such as myself, to hide during the off-season? :angry:

- reality: the team needs leadership from within.
- reality: the coaching staff must demand that the senior people (or anyone, damnit!) step up.
- reality: if butts need to be kicked, the "adults" need to leave the room, lock the door, and come back later.

- reality: we've turned into a society of big babies who shy away from responsibility, and don't want their feelings hurt.
- reality: people who are not willing to give their best effort, including being loyal to the team and not talking idiocy to sensationalist media, need to go!
- reality: three strikes may be too much for some people.
Post of the year!