• The KillerFrogs

I'm Officially Done With Big Mac

steelfrog

Tier 1
Casey is awesome and Steel for one hopes he lights up the NFL

As many have said, he broke ZERO new ground here. Haters gonna hate regardless and knee-jerk purple koolaid people will accept nothing but purple koolaid. They are not interested in the truth from an ultimate insider.

We all know the team chemistry stinks and has stunk. That's why a bunch of people were s canned.

Here's the real deal--you all should not conflate public commentary with reality. Or that TCU future somehow is pigeon holed because we have been in a rough patch. Every rough patch is an opportunity (Steel would argue that the rough patch led to an upgrade in coaching and recruiting). So what if you can't at this moment win your little office fan-love battles at the office. Steel believes the future is BRIGHT! The puzzle pieces are on the table, just need to piece them together. If you don't think GP and his Merry Band can't do it then get off the bandwagon!

tetonfrog said:
Maybe Casey should shut his mouth. Mac is not the problem. He is giving Casey a microphone. That' all.

Casey is trying to make excuses for his poor play this year to help his draft stock. If the leadership on the team is bad, then why didn't Casey try to change that? Maybe cuz his teammates lost faith in him thanks to his off-the-field issues.

There have been a lot of people at TCU who stuck by Casey Pachal and defended him. Making comments like this must make them wonder. Loyalty goes both ways. I don't see anything good for TCU coming from Casey's mouth. I cannot figure why he would slam our program.

Good luck in the NFL Casey. Hope you play better than you did against Baylor.

Good grief.

Did you watch the games?  He did try to change it.  Did you see how he much time he spent between snaps trying to tell linemen who to block and receivers what routes to run?  Did you see everyone's "our best wide receiver" Boykin fail to read the linebacker and cut his route in to get in front on one of the Baylor picks?  The offense sucked.  Players were not showing up to practice.  Players were not prepared.  The coach said at least 10 times last year the same thing CP said.  Was he "slamming" the program?

Maybe it was just coincidence that 4 offensive coaches were demoted and it was really all one player's fault.

pachall13

Thanks everyone, I believe a leader will emerge, especially with new offensive coordinators, there is talent on that team, and I think any one of those qb's could step up easily, they are all very good, whoever is chosen will break many records this year, defense will still be as good as ever, won't lie, defense was the reason they even had wins, the team will get it together and surprise everyone this year

tetonfrog

For some reason, my quote button does not work on this computer.

But MoreFrogs, a leader gets his teammates to follow him. That is the definition of a leader. Casey's teammates did not follow him or listen to the coaches. It says a lot about his teammates, too, and it's nothing good. But they did not rally around him or Boykin or anyone. That is why we tanked last year.

This is not "hating" Casey. I respect the hell out of the guy because he turned his life around. But I hated those comments he made to Engel.

It was dumb of him to give the interview to a writer whose sole passion seems to be blasting TCU. And when asked about the leadership of the team, he should have said no comment. He could have talked about the frustration of last year, but how does he have a read on this offseason when he is in Plano? That is when our new leaders will emerge. In the weight room, during those unofficial 7-on-7s and during spring ball.

And his comments are just now entering the media stream. First, it's in the ST, then ESPN.com tweets about it. Every college football beat writer will quote at some point. Has the DMN called him yet? Any other Texas papers, too? It is another negative that will float around TCU and Patterson all offseason. I'm not arguing with his comments, but I question why he would give GP's critics more ammunition to use against him.

EDIT: I do wish him well in the future. I hope those are not his final words about TCU.

Tom Brown

I dont excuse Casey, but I'm sure he was lead to those comments by that "journalist" Muck Angle.

That guy is a worthless [ Finebaum ].

jake102

tetonfrog said:

It was dumb of him to give the interview to a writer whose sole passion seems to be blasting TCU. 

FWIW, Patterson has given Engel "first rights" on interviews in the past. Like it or not (I farkin hate it), Engel is our sports writer. 

Latest posts