• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

SnoSki

We got one of those $200 “roper” brand washers from Lowe’s about 4 years ago and it is the best darn washing machine we’ve ever had. Sounds like a rocket ship taking off and looks like a plain white box but man it works every time.

talor

Heads up. If your old lady breaks the washing machine and you don't want to load it up/haul it to the dump, post it on Craig's list. I never realized there was such a market for broke washing machines. Guess I should have listed it for $50 rather than free!
I've never bought a broken washer or dryer on craigslist but I've bought and sold multiple sets and never paid more than $150 for a working pair.

Sand Frog

Funny you say that...we're getting a new one tomorrow. The agitator doesn't spin. I looked it up and it could either be a $10 or $300 fix. Last Monday I took the day off to do a million things, one of them being pulling out the washer to identify the problem, and, hopefully, fix it. Then I rolled my ankle stepping off the back patio and was laid up most of the week. Thursday, my wife says "screw it" and decides we need a new washer. Shouldn't have obliged her bc she goes and spends $1600 on a new one. It's being delivered tomorrow. I'll put the old one on fb and Craigslist for $200. First one to $100 gets it.

Almost the same situation other than we had just moved into a new home vs the rolled ankle. I just didn't have the time to fix the problem, so we bought a brand new set which I'm embarrassed to say what we paid for them. I listed them as a set on Craigslist hoping someone would haul the washer off when they bought the working dryer. Didn't work. Sold the dryer and then just relisted the washer as free.

Shorty

We bought the old owners' washer and dryer when we moved into our house 6 years ago for $200. I've had to make a couple really minor repairs. If I have to replace them I'm planning on going with Speed Queen. I've heard those are simple machines built to last forever without all the computer [ Finebaum ] that goes wrong nowadays.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Funny you say that...we're getting a new one tomorrow. The agitator doesn't spin. I looked it up and it could either be a $10 or $300 fix. Last Monday I took the day off to do a million things, one of them being pulling out the washer to identify the problem, and, hopefully, fix it. Then I rolled my ankle stepping off the back patio and was laid up most of the week. Thursday, my wife says "screw it" and decides we need a new washer. Shouldn't have obliged her bc she goes and spends $1600 on a new one. It's being delivered tomorrow. I'll put the old one on fb and Craigslist for $200. First one to $100 gets it.
If it’s the agitator dogs, your wife just unloaded a lot of money for nothing. That would suck.

Sand Frog

We bought the old owners' washer and dryer when we moved into our house 6 years ago for $200. I've had to make a couple really minor repairs. If I have to replace them I'm planning on going with Speed Queen. I've heard those are simple machines built to last forever without all the computer [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] that goes wrong nowadays.

I've got a friend who's family has been in the appliance business for 50+ years. He told me Speed Queen for the washer/dryer. Just like you said. They don't have all the bells and whistles, but Speed Queen builds the commercial units in all the coin operated laundry mats so their residential models are almost as built proof. Go figure though. My wife didn't like any of their models since it didn't have the extra features, so I bought what I thought was second best with the Electrolux.

Friend also said anything other than washer/dryer to go with KitchenAid.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Welp

tenor.gif

nwlafrog

NWLA girl had a heck of a long weekend. Out of school, played her season’s final softball tournament, won her age group in the natural beauty pageant (not pictured bc it won’t upload), and rode trails today.

We sunk it in a pit about waist high and the lockers wouldn’t even let it crawl out of the hole. I walked about a mile to my truck which barely had the room and solid ground to yank the wheeler out and I told her thatshe had two choices, either ride in the truck with me back to parking lot and walk all the way back or learn to drive and follow me. She elected to drive and did a great job.... on a foot shift. We rode for about 4 hours and the hole that we got stuck in was one we avoided until the very end. We came back to it and she learned how to use a winch and a tow strap. Solid.

PB&J sammiches and gatorades for the win
1E0614A8-AE8B-4162-A469-013A6BD992C6.jpeg
Peep the hat
B3A94A35-839B-4A48-9572-D0892849DC12.jpeg

TCURiggs

NWLA girl had a heck of a long weekend. Out of school, played her season’s final softball tournament, won her age group in the natural beauty pageant (not pictured bc it won’t upload), and rode trails today.

We sunk it in a pit about waist high and the lockers wouldn’t even let it crawl out of the hole. I walked about a mile to my truck which barely had the room and solid ground to yank the wheeler out and I told her thatshe had two choices, either ride in the truck with me back to parking lot and walk all the way back or learn to drive and follow me. She elected to drive and did a great job.... on a foot shift. We rode for about 4 hours and the hole that we got stuck in was one we avoided until the very end. We came back to it and she learned how to use a winch and a tow strap. Solid.

PB&J sammiches and gatorades for the win
View attachment 4420
Peep the hat
View attachment 4421

Awesome

nwlafrog

I wish I took a pic or video of the bike when it was stuck. I knew it was a legit shift into 4x4 type of hole, but I didn’t expect to sink up to the racks as soon as I walked it into mud. Her face was hilarious. We both knew right away that we were officially in a 9 line bind.

Also, I hadn’t seen or heard her rehearse for her pageant, but I watched the video and I got the feels. She said that her Daddy was her best friend and that I was her favorite person in the world..... lump in throat. Kid is the best.

MTfrog5

For those of y’all interested in Texas History, my mom just got me turned onto a podcast called “Wise About Texas” by a Texas judge named Ken Wise.

I just listened to episode 50 where he talks about the beginning of the Texas Rangers. I’ve always heard that my ancestors were involved with the genesis of the Texas Rangers, but never knew the specifics. Turns out that in 1823 Stephen F Austin wrote a letter stating that he was going to fund a private military/police force to help keep the colony safe from Indians, etc... they started off with 10 members and 3 of them were part of my family, Abner Kuykendall (my five-great grandfather) and his sons Gibson and Robert (I’m descended through Gibson). This group didn’t have a name at this point, but it is what ended up becoming the Texas Rangers.

Then starting in 1827, Abner apparently was the leader (captain I believe?) of this group for 5 or so years. Then if I remember correctly, they finally started becoming official and became called the Rangers sometime in the 1830’s.

Pretty cool stuff.

Anyway, I’ve only listened to the one episode so far, but it was pretty entertaining and I think a lot of y’all would enjoy it.
So I’ve listened to about 15 episodes so far. This guy’s wife actually went to TCU and told a brief history of TCU in one of the episodes. Finished the brief history by saying Go Frogs

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I learned a new term today. The ex of that weird chick from NCIS was suing her, but the judge dismissed it citing that the guy was a "vexatious" litigant.
Made me think of Kolby.

Yes, I just fled the car repair waiting room due to old lady who kept going thru her purse talking to herself about fingernails, lost receipts, her sore feet, no-good family, how far is it to Baton Rouge etc. etc.

Completely vexactious