• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Didn't buy my wife or mother anything for Mother's Day. Not even a card.

Then I felt bad and bought my mom something off Amazon. It was delivered today. She's on vacation for the next 10 days. I guess she'll get it eventually.

CBS Survivor show has Nuthin’ on Phormer.
I’m amazed he’s even alive sometimes.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Just informed I have to wake up at 5am to cook breakfast and watch a wedding. Who in the actual darn gets married on TV at 6 am on a Saturday morning, and more importantly, why am I required to give a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]?

Tomorrow is not going to go well in my house. I may need a place to crash tomorrow night.

...think this falls under the for better or worse category

Froginbedford

I've read it 3 times in the last 10 years. Only book I've ever read more than once. Definitely not a literary work of art but it always amazes me how Orwell was able to foresee the worst of humanity.

WIth home security cams, smart phone cams, etc., WE have become Big Brother....And when we read Orwell in 1948 or 1958, or 1968, or even in 1984, we thought it was a bit fanciful....

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Ha! I drove by your house about a week ago cutting through and thought to myself "that's a fun little curve."

We have a speed bump 2 houses down. My street is wide at my end but gets narrow. I love seeing those little rice box cars come flying down and catch it by surprise. I don't speed but it even catches me off-guard at times.

Wait.
Peace is on South Ridge Terrace?
Good grief, we’re almost neighbors.
When’s the next watch committee meeting with Snoski, Phormer, Peace & me?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
WIth home security cams, smart phone cams, etc., WE have become Big Brother....And when we read Orwell in 1948 or 1958, or 1968, or even in 1984, we thought it was a bit fanciful....
Samsung tv’s that can watch you, Alexa/Siri that can listen to everything you say, phones that always broadcast exactly where you are. Seems benign.