when%2Bmen%2Bwere%2Bmen.jpg

Surfrog

OODA Loop

Observe
Orient
Decide
Act

Action is faster than reaction.

I would say most criminals try to surprise their victim and catch them off guard. Thinking you can out draw a person who has the jump on you will not end well.

Studies have shown a person with a knife can close 21 feet before a shot is fired.

Key points about this study:
First: this is from draw to fire if the defender is already drawn/[ James'd ]/locked in they should have aimed rounds down range in as little as .4 of a second, with appropriate training, especially in a close situation where ranges are less than 5 yards, therefore observation is minimal.

Second: This is a relatively slow draw. A particular SOF unit requires a draw + 3 shot 3in group at 5 yards in sub 2.25 seconds. A good draw time is 1.2 for a compact/subcompact.

Third: A RB NFL prospect aims to hit 10 yards in 2.5 seconds, 21 ft (7 yards). 7 yards extrapolates to 1.85+ seconds as the start is multiple times slower. Max speed is typically achieved around 15-25 yards in the 40. Even more, the reality is the attacker is not starting in a sprinting position and is not an NFL athlete.

Fourth: a gun is one solution to the problem, ideally, you should have four to every situation.

Unrelated:
Never go into a situation with a gun that you wouldn't without one.
Two - [ get out of here ] when [ Finebaum ] goes sideways. Run from a fight unless an asset of yours is in danger. Assets are ranked, and if you have kids, odds are first one is not your wife. You are an asset to your family, don't try and be a hero and wind up dead.

i.e. idiot tries to commit an armed robbery of a store im in.

Situation 1. That money is insured. I am getting my ass out of that situation as fast as possible. without drawing, shooting, escalating or attempting to de-escalate the situation. It has an opportunity to go bad fast, not worth the risk of de-escalating.

Situation 2. God forbid, someone opens fire in a public place, family gets heads down, I will confront threat as long as the family is in danger, as soon as they are out, I am out.

Situation 3. Someone opens fire in a public place, no family, I will return fire until I hear sirens. I do not want to be mistaken as the active shooter and wind up shot.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
First: this is from draw to fire if the defender is already drawn/[ the old ricardo ]ed/locked in they should have aimed rounds down range in as little as .4 of a second, with appropriate training, especially in a close situation where ranges are less than 5 yards, therefore observation is minimal.

Second: This is a relatively slow draw. A particular SOF unit requires a draw + 3 shot 3in group at 5 yards in sub 2.25 seconds. A good draw time is 1.2 for a compact/subcompact.

Third: A RB NFL prospect aims to hit 10 yards in 2.5 seconds, 21 ft (7 yards). 7 yards extrapolates to 1.85+ seconds as the start is multiple times slower. Max speed is typically achieved around 15-25 yards in the 40. Even more, the reality is the attacker is not starting in a sprinting position and is not an NFL athlete.

Fourth: a gun is one solution to the problem, ideally, you should have four to every situation.

Unrelated:
Two - [ get out of here ] when [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] goes sideways. Run from a fight unless an asset of yours is in danger. Assets are ranked, and if you have kids, odds are first one is not your wife. You are an asset to your family, don't try and be a hero and wind up dead.

Situation 1. That money is insured. I am getting my ass out of that situation as fast as possible. without drawing, shooting, escalating or attempting to de-escalate the situation. It has an opportunity to go bad fast, not worth the risk of de-escalating.

Situation 2. God forbid, someone opens fire in a public place, family gets heads down, I will confront threat as long as the family is in danger, as soon as they are out, I am out.

Situation 3. Someone opens fire in a public place, no family, I will return fire until I hear sirens. I do not want to be mistaken as the active shooter and wind up shot.
Where do you teach? If you don't, sounds like you should.

nwlafrog

First: this is from draw to fire if the defender is already drawn/[ the old ricardo ]ed/locked in they should have aimed rounds down range in as little as .4 of a second, with appropriate training, especially in a close situation where ranges are less than 5 yards, therefore observation is minimal.

Unrelated:
Two - [ get out of here ] when [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] goes sideways. Run from a fight unless an asset of yours is in danger. Assets are ranked, and if you have kids, odds are first one is not your wife. You are an asset to your family, don't try and be a hero and wind up dead.

I agree with your posts. This gifted handgun is strictly for her. I bring my 9mm wherever I roam and will continue to even with her new handgun. I wouldn’t want to become or try to be a hero, but you can bet your arse I will be whatever is called of me if/when a ship head comes looking to harm my family or take what I’ve worked my arse off for.

While loading up Christmas gifts into her new Tahoe the first thing I did was leave an open door and have my Baretta in arms reach.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I have a S&W 686P. It's one of my favorite revolvers.
That looks like a beautiful beast. I hope the 642 or a similar, short-barrel model is of similar quality. Will have to try before buy of course. I need more of a pocket gun, for the just-in-case scenarios, also due to the fact that there are methheads in by a nearby apartment. scheiss those guys, I don't trust 'em.

Shorty

That looks like a beautiful beast. I hope the 642 or a similar, short-barrel model is of similar quality. Will have to try before buy of course. I need more of a pocket gun, for the just-in-case scenarios, also due to the fact that there are methheads in by a nearby apartment. scheiss those guys, I don't trust 'em.
Check out the Ruger LCR also

netty2424

I think one of the hardest parts of parenting that I didn’t expect was being sick as a dog while your spouse is at work and your kid needs to be watched all day. Today’s gonna be a long day.
It can be brutal. Add in more kids, and you just pass it around. Perpetual illness for months.

Son woke up with fever this morning. Took him in and it’s tonsilitis. Doc thinks it’s viral so 4-5 days of dealing with it.