• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Ok State and Oregon both had players leave the team to take advantage of the new redshirt and transfer rules. I imagine we hear about more transfers around the country before game 5 Saturday.

SnoSki

I think the big 12 as a whole is down this year in terms of one or two teams dominating the rest and making the playoffs. Sucks that we appear to also be down. All I can conclude with our struggles, OU struggling with army, Tech upsetting ok State and Sagarin not rating wvu especially high is that there’s a lot of parity and to me, that means a bunch of so-so teams.

The games will be fun to watch but this conference is gonna cannibalize itself again and be left out.

If we had the peach bowl team this year, we destroy everyone. I wish our program would break this cycle of good team/mediocre team/good team.

Phormer I guess you saw this?

Wow. First I've seen of this. Can't remember the last time I saw him live. Probably a good 7-8 years. Seems like I saw him twice a month back in college. Lots of good times. He and his brother Bruce couldn't be more different but, together, they put on a hell of a show. Life of the Party was one of those seminal records in the Texas Music scene. That sucks for him.

SnoSki

Wow. First I've seen of this. Can't remember the last time I saw him live. Probably a good 7-8 years. Seems like I saw him twice a month back in college. Lots of good times. He and his brother Bruce couldn't be more different but, together, they put on a hell of a show. Life of the Party was one of those seminal records in the Texas Music scene. That sucks for him.
The way he is forced into retirement, by a surgery complication that effectively ended his singing abilities is a big fear of mine. The vocal folds in your throat are very sensitive and a wayward poke by a simple scope can do a lot of damage.

Wexahu

James Conner is good at football. Leveon Bell might’ve played himself.

If I were an NFL GM I’d never ever pay a running back really big money, no matter how good they are. You can count the number of guys at that position who signed a huge deal and did anything close to live up to it on one hand. Maybe a couple fingers. RBs gotta play like they’re chasing a contract to be really good. Once they get their money, that extra edge they need to fight through dings and battle for tough yards is gone, almost without exception.

Chico Dusty

If I were an NFL GM I’d never ever pay a running back really big money, no matter how good they are. You can count the number of guys at that position who signed a huge deal and did anything close to live up to it on one hand. Maybe a couple fingers. RBs gotta play like they’re chasing a contract to be really good. Once they get their money, that extra edge they need to fight through dings and battle for tough yards is gone, almost without exception.

Gurley ain’t going to slow down any time soon...

But I agree with the overall point.

Wexahu

Gurley ain’t going to slow down any time soon...

But I agree with the overall point.

Rookie contracts are 4 years with a team option for the 5th year I believe. I’d almost guarantee if he signs a monster deal after year 4, by year 6 or 7 he’ll already be slowing down. It’s not like it used to be when guys weren’t making ridiculous money. Once you get $30-40M guaranteed, that drive just isn’t the same. And that position can’t be played without giving up your body.

Chico Dusty

Rookie contracts are 4 years with a team option for the 5th year I believe. I’d almost guarantee if he signs a monster deal after year 4, by year 6 or 7 he’ll already be slowing down. It’s not like it used to be when guys weren’t making ridiculous money. Once you get $30-40M guaranteed, that drive just isn’t the same. And that position can’t be played without giving up your body.

Well the Rams signed him to a 4 year deal (2 years before his rookie deal is done) for $60 mil - $45mil which is guaranteed. You’re making a huge generalization there. Get back to me after this season with Gurleys #s

nwlafrog

The way he is forced into retirement, by a surgery complication that effectively ended his singing abilities is a big fear of mine. The vocal folds in your throat are very sensitive and a wayward poke by a simple scope can do a lot of damage.

Man, that sucks. I like Charlie Robison.... favorite of mine