• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Very long. Don't expect anyone to read it. Just makes me feel better to put it into words.

I swear I'm gonna kill my sister-in-law. So we drew to get rooms the other day and, of course, she won the big master suite. Huge king sized bed. Huge room. Huge bathroom. Private balcony overlooking the pool. We get stuck with the [ Finebaum ]ty room downstairs with a full-ssized and bathroom we share with the rest of the 1st floor. My parents drew the other room upstairs that has a jack and jill with a bunk room.

My sister and BIL came down from Georgia and were only able to stay last night so they stayed in the bunk beds. When my parents arrived they were upset that she didn't offer to switch with us so they agreed to take downstairs and we took theirs.

Here's the kicker, my brother wont be here until Wednesday and their little [ Finebaum ] sleeps in a pack n play. Our son sleeps with us (bad habit my wife started when I was out of town). So she gets this huge king bed to herself.

You know where I slept last night? On the darning couch. The full bed is barely big enough for 2 and adding a 3 yr old makes it impossible.
So last night I couldn't find the flipping switch to turn off the fan AND all I could find to cover up with were bath towels in the bathroom. Couch was hard as a rock. I swear I woke up every 30 minutes. Woke up with a sore throat. Once everyone got up I went up to bed and slept until about 1 this afternoon. Wife's pissed at me. Dad thinks I'm being a loner. No, I just want to scheissing sleep. At least tonight I'll be able to sleep in the bunk room bc the bed is still too small for the 3 of us.

Fast forward to this evening. Oh, btw, we drove her ass down here. Two kids in car seats and two women who just WOULDN'T. STOP. TALKING. And their kid...this kid has the most high-pitched scream I've ever heard. It's abnormally high. Like, my ears bleed when I hear it. Surprised it didn't run me off the road at some point.

Where was I? Oh, this evening. Mom makes dinner. SIL is goes to out their kid to bed afterwards. She asks me to come up and fix the TV. That's when I noticed the pack n play and it got my blood boiling again. I fixed it and went downstairs and poured a glass of Makers 46. I go out to the back porch. Flip the lights to see which one wouldn't be too bright. Remember, SIL's master suite overlooks the back yard and pool. Finally, I decide that the pool lights are the least intrusive. They rotate from blue, red and green. It's sprinkling a little. Nice breeze. Whiskey is good. I'm out there by myself. FINALLY enjoying vacation.

Five minutes later a group text message comes through "can someone turn off the pool lights, it's going crazy in my room." Wife comes out. I start flipping out. So we turn off the pool and turn on the porch lights. Now the bugs set in. I'm getting eaten up.

THEN another text: the porch light is pretty bright. Can someone turn it off? I respond with (and my brother is on this text, mind you) "you have a fourth of the damn house to yourself. I'm 9 days from 40 and sleeping in a damn bunk bed tonight. DEAL. WITH. IT."

No response. Five more days!

Last edited:

Purp

Very long. Don't expect anyone to read it. Just makes me feel better to put it into words.

I swear I'm gonna kill my sister-in-law. So we drew to get rooms the other day and, of course, she won the big master suite. Huge king sized bed. Huge room. Huge bathroom. Private balcony overlooking the pool. We get stuck with the [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty room downstairs with a full-ssized and bathroom we share with the rest of the 1st floor. My parents drew the other room upstairs that has a jack and jill with a bunk room.

My sister and BIL came down from Georgia and were only able to stay last night so they stayed in the bunk beds. When my parents arrived they were upset that she didn't offer to switch with us so they agreed to take downstairs and we took theirs.

Here's the kicker, my brother wont be here until Wednesday and their little [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] sleeps in a pack n play. Our son sleeps with us (bad habit my wife started when I was out of town). So she gets this huge king bed to herself.

You know where I slept last night? On the darning couch. The full bed is barely big enough for 2 and adding a 3 yr old makes it impossible.
So last night I couldn't find the flipping switch to turn off the fan AND all I could find to cover up with were bath towels in the bathroom. Couch was hard as a rock. I swear I woke up every 30 minutes. Woke up with a sore throat. Once everyone got up I went up to bed and slept until about 1 this afternoon. Wife's pissed at me. Dad thinks I'm being a loner. No, I just want to scheissing sleep. At least tonight I'll be able to sleep in the bunk room bc the bed is still too small for the 3 of us.

Fast forward to this evening. Oh, btw, we drove her ass down here. Two kids in car seats and two women who just WOULDN'T. STOP. TALKING. And their kid...this kid has the most high-pitched scream I've ever heard. It's abnormally high. Like, my ears bleed when I hear it. Surprised it didn't run me off the road at some point.

Where was I? Oh, this evening. Mom makes dinner. SIL is goes to out their kid to bed afterwards. She asks me to come up and fix the TV. That's when I noticed the pack n play and it got my blood boiling again. I fixed it and went downstairs and poured a glass of Makers 46. I go out to the back porch. Flip the lights to see which one wouldn't be too bright. Remember, SIL's master suite overlooks the back yard and pool. Finally, I decide that the pool lights are the least intrusive. They rotate from blue, red and green. It's sprinkling a little. Nice breeze. Whiskey is good. I'm out there by myself. FINALLY enjoying vacation.

Five minutes later a group text message comes through "can someone turn off the pool lights, it's going crazy in my room." Wife comes out. I start flipping out. So we turn off the pool and turn on the porch lights. Now the bugs set in. I'm getting eaten up.

THEN another text: the porch light is pretty bright. Can someone turn it off? I respond with (and my brother is on this text, mind you) "you have a fourth of the damn house to yourself. I'm 9 days from 40 and sleeping in a damn bunk bed tonight. DEAL. WITH. IT."

Should have taken your MiL.

ftwfrog

I swear I'm gonna kill my sister-in-law. So we drew to get rooms the other day and, of course, she won the big master suite. Huge king sized bed. Huge room. Huge bathroom. Private balcony overlooking the pool. We get stuck with the [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty room downstairs with a full-ssized and bathroom we share with the rest of the 1st floor. My parents drew the other room upstairs that has a jack and jill with a bunk room.

Here's the kicker, my brother wont be here until Wednesday and their little [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] sleeps in a pack n play. Our son sleeps with us (bad habit my wife started when I was out of town). So she gets this huge king bed to herself.

Fast forward to this evening. Oh, btw, we drove her ass down here. Two kids in car seats and two women who just WOULDN'T. STOP. TALKING. And their kid...this kid has the most high-pitched scream I've ever heard. It's abnormally high. Like, my effing ears bleed when I hear it. Surprised it didn't run me off the road at some point.

I’m just shocked your (entire distant) family vacation isn’t going off without a hitch.

netty2424

Fast forward to this evening. Oh, btw, we drove her ass down here. Two kids in car seats and two women who just WOULDN'T. STOP. TALKING. And their kid...this kid has the most high-pitched scream I've ever heard. It's abnormally high. Like, my effing ears bleed when I hear it. Surprised it didn't run me off the road at some point.

DidntReadLolYellowShirt.gif

EDIT actually did. Just thought the gif was funny. Sucks your vacay blows. Hope it gets better brah!

PO Frog

Your main issue seems to be that you're sleeping with a three year old in your bed. Mine crawls in all the time and I send her ass back to her room. Ain't starting that game.

Your main issue seems to be that you're sleeping with a three year old in your bed. Mine crawls in all the time and I send her ass back to her room. Ain't starting that game.

Last time I tried that we were up until 3 AM fighting with him. I'm continually amazed at the stamina of this kid. We were hoping to get him into t ball and kickball this year but he was too young. He swam for about 4 hours today and just now went to bed.

Boomhauer

NSFP (Not Safe For Phormer)

Just got back today from spending the week in Seacrest/Rosemary Beach. Rented a house on the beach as well. It had more rooms than we needed so wife asked if we should invite any family. Lol, no way I'm going down that road. Been there done that. So we had the whole house and pool to ourselves all week. Just the 4 of us and it was awesome.

NSFP (Not Safe For Phormer)

Just got back today from spending the week in Seacrest/Rosemary Beach. Rented a house on the beach as well. It had more rooms than we needed so wife asked if we should invite any family. Lol, no way I'm going down that road. Been there done that. So we had the whole house and pool to ourselves all week. Just the 4 of us and it was awesome.

We were at Rosemary Beach last year and 2 years before that. Back at Miramar this year. Love it down here but sucks with family.

Boomhauer

We were at Rosemary Beach last year and 2 years before that. Back at Miramar this year. Love it down here but sucks with family.

In all seriousness, if you're not going to rotate who gets the master suite each year feel like it should go to the highest bidder or perhaps a larger portion of the rental cost is paid by whomever gets it. But I wouldn't keep taking it in the shorts if I'm splitting the cost of the rental. Of course if someone else is covering the rental and you aren't having to pay for anything well obviously that changes things.

In all seriousness, if you're not going to rotate who gets the master suite each year feel like it should go to the highest bidder or perhaps a larger portion of the rental cost is paid by whomever gets it. But I wouldn't keep taking it in the shorts if I'm splitting the cost of the rental. Of course if someone else is covering the rental and you aren't having to pay for anything well obviously that changes things.

We split it evenly. My wife went on a tirade afterwards. We

cdsfrog

Internet TV packages are so stupid expensive now. Many things are more expensive in England, especially going out for any type of event or restaurant. Yet I pay $85 a month for the same type of package that costs $150+ in Dallas.

75 mb internet, DVR, and channels galore with a lot of sport channels but not many movie channels.

If that costs $85 in the second most expensive city in the country you can tell how screwed people are getting in America. It's way cheaper than this in other countries.