• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcumaniac

Need some DirectTV / Internet advice:

Since graduating college I've just paid for Charter Internet and watched TV on local channels with a cheap satellite I bought on amazon and would use my parents' directTV login to watch live sporting events on my roku.

I'm fed up with Charter Internet and plan on switching to AT&T. Figured I might as well look into getting DirectTV too so I can record/rewind/ not be delayed like you are when you watch through a streaming app.

I'm extremely jaded by the whole internet/TV business and think it's a big scam run by a bunch of crooks trying to rip you off.

Anyway, I was curious what I should expect to pay a month for an internet/TV bundle. What things/tricks I should look out for. What things/promotions I should should seek out. And basically any other advice y'all could share based on past experiences. Thanks

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA

Since graduating college I've just paid for Charter Internet and watched TV on local channels with a cheap satellite I bought on amazon and would use my parents' directTV login to watch live sporting events on my roku.

I'm fed up with Charter Internet and plan on switching to AT&T. Figured I might as well look into getting DirectTV too so I can record/rewind/ not be delayed like you are when you watch through a streaming app.

I'm extremely jaded by the whole internet/TV business and think it's a big scam run by a bunch of crooks trying to rip you off.

Anyway, I was curious what I should expect to pay a month for an internet/TV bundle. What things/tricks I should look out for. What things/promotions I should should seek out. And basically any other advice y'all could share based on past experiences. Thanks
My GF signed up for AT&T Uverse from the time she moved into what is now our place together. It started at a great rate, was even semi-ok after the promo rate was gone, but then over the next 2 years just seemed like it kept going up $5-$15 each billing cycle for reasons we couldn't understand. Ended up at like $190-something a month for the 200 package and basic internet. She said scheiss that and called them and they lowered it.

But it shouldn't take a phone call. AT&T is really proud of their Uverse and they will charge you accordingly.

EDIT -and were it 100% up to me, we'd go with PSVue as Phormer mentioned above. A la carte TV sounds amazing.

Last edited:

Purp

Don't do it. DirectTV was horrible for me twice. Will never go back. Uverse used to be terrific, but it's sucked lately. I'm about to find some premium internet service and start streaming errythang.

Frog-in-law1995

Cut the cord months ago and love it. I had been using Verizon/Frontier for a 50MB/home phone/fios cable bundle at prices that fluctuated between $180 and $200. Every so often they’d stop applying discounts and charge me like $250 and I’d get mad and threaten to leave and they’d magically find new discounts to apply that got me back to $180. Finally got sick of it and worked a deal for $55/month for 75 MB wi-fi and stream PS Vue through Amazon fire sticks (oddly, its much better than using my PS4) and on all our devices for $45/month. Don’t have as many channels, but have all the ones I watched before. So much happier. Can’t pause live TV, though. That’s the only thing I miss.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
I have every channel on DirecTV with 4 receivers and their ATT Fiber internet (or whatever it’s called).

I pay $195/month all-in after signing a 2-yr fixed contract. After two years it will go up but at that point I will look into new options.

I like DirecTV. Quality product and have always had good luck with their customer service.

My brother has been pleased with his DirecTV service for years. Never said any ill words towards them.

I’m vested in his level of satisfaction as I may or may not use his account to stream espn and fox sports apps

PS Vue is the best thing going right now. I hated having to do the DirecTV thing and all the hassle. Now I'm on it as well as my parents and siblings. It's the way to should be

The beach house we're staying in now has DTV. I forgot about the convenience of some of the functions but I don't miss the bill that was upwards of $150+. At this stage in my life, with a 3 yr-old that takes up a lot of my time, Vue suited me just fine.